PMO Project Administrator - UniFirst
The IT Project Management Office (PMO) at UniFirst is seeking a PMO Project Administrator to join a team responsible for the matrix management of projects spanning Information Technology and the UniFirst business units. The PMO Project Administrator is responsible for providing day to day operational support for the PMO and contributes to the ongoing evolution of project management best practices.
As a Project Administrator, this role will:
- Coordinate the Project Intake process including the intake of new Project Requests and communicate the status of these requests to stakeholders as the Request progresses through stage gate reviews.
- Coordinate the regularly scheduled Line of Business portfolio reviews and prepare all materials for these events.
- On a weekly and monthly basis, compile and report on status information from multiple sources. Maintains the monthly metrics dashboards and promotes effective metrics usage in the department.
- Coordinate the Project Change Management process, ensuring timely review and follow up tracking.
- Maintain the PMO Master Project List, document repository, tracking system and historical files. Serve as primary administrator for Project Management tools including Jira and Sharepoint.
- Create documentation and maintain training materials for PMO best practices.
- Partner with senior members of the PMO to coordinate project activities including project reviews, status reporting, and archiving of projects.
- Organize the onboarding of new project staff (consultants and third parties).
- Provide ad hoc reports as requested (resource tracking, budget, purchasing, consultant resource tracking).
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the PMO and assigned individuals taking on the Project Manager role. This includes meeting scheduling/calendar management, administrative preparation for meetings (agendas, presentation preparation), documentation of meeting outcomes and managing project documents.
- May be asked to independently administer smaller parts of larger projects.
- 2 years in IT industry or in a role providing Project Administration support
- Strong organizational skills with ability prioritize tasks
- Self-starter and detail-oriented, capable of independently tracking and following up on commitments
- Able to handle complex administrative support needs in a fast paced and rapidly evolving environment.
- Able to summarize key takeaways from meetings (technical and non-technical) that can be translated into action.
- Excellent verbal, analytical and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated interest in project/program management and new tools/methodologies.
- Highly proficient in common desktop technologies including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio with some exposure to SharePoint and MS Project highly desired.
- Experience with agile methodologies (SCRUM) a plus.
- Experience with Jira and Jira add-ons a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Business Administration or related field
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· 401K with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws