Health & Safety Engineer
This individual will be involved at the corporate office in the development and implementation of health and safety programs to maintain compliance with safety regulations and will conduct audits and training at UniFirst locations across the United States and Canada.
- Demonstrate and assist with good safety practices at locations
- Develop new programs, procedures and training to improve and maintain safe working conditions for UniFirst vehicle operators
- Interpretation of OSHA regulations and related guidance
- Be comfortable presenting training and new initiatives to a wide audience, from senior management to laundry workers
- Work as a liaison between UniFirst and Local, State, and Federal agencies
- Provide expert assistance in the event of agency visits
- Create and file accurate reports in a timely manner as need to agencies
- Create and provide educational materials to a wide audience
- Work in conjunction with other corporate offices and provide a safety perspective for upgrading and changing system and processes
- Investigate and evaluate new products, processes, software, that can improve safety, particularly in ergonomics, in UniFirst locations
- Evaluate engineering modifications of machinery for improved safety
- Use software to analyze data for significant trending
- Be an active participant of the Corporate safety committee and ERT
- Perform safety audits in conjunction with local managers and provide input for corrective actions
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college (Safety and Health or related degree)
- Have, or be willing to obtain, professional safety certification (CSP or similar)
- Maintain certification and continuing education through webinars, conferences, and other opportunities
- Minimum 5 years of industrial/manufacturing experience
- Have experience with OSHA and DOT Regulations
- Willing to Travel (up to 50%)
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Be able to obtain a passport for Canadian travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with labor, management and outside consultants and governmental entities
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet)
- Other skills: Maintain a professional and helpful attitude, be willing to collaborate with others to problem solve, manage multiple projects and maintain reasonable deadlines, be open to training in other EHS areas, observe and correct unsafe actions
Benefits & Perks
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 13,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Major Account Consultant - UniFirst Baltimore, Maryland, United States, Landover, Maryland, United States
- Reliability Support Engineer- UniFirst South Carolina, United States, Tennessee, United States, Virginia, United States, North Carolina, United States, Alabama, United States