Data Warehouse Architect
- The Data Warehouse Architect will spearhead the design of the technical and information architecture for the data warehouse, including data lake/ operational data stores, staging area, data warehouse, data marts – on-prem SQL to Azure eco-system.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to data engineers, BI architects, and other partners on data ingestion processes
- Work with business stakeholders to identify critical data (entities and attributes) and capture how data is interpreted by users in various parts of the organization
- Responsible for aligning data solutions to business requirements by planning and managing data architecture work
- Integrate disparate data models into coherent enterprise and/or Lob data models
- Advise on tools to create data dictionaries and business glossaries to document data lineages, data definitions and metadata for all business-critical data domains
- Help identify and design solutions that allow performing root cause analysis to enable proactive issue resolution and data quality maintenance
- Develop strategies for flexibility, scalability, and define the future technical architecture direction for the business intelligence reporting environment
- Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and the “roll up the sleeves” level of providing architectural oversight for project delivery
- On need basis, develop database solutions for SQL Server, including creating tables, stored procedures, custom user-defined functions, triggers, and indexes
- Perform data evaluation, data profiling, and identification of potential problem areas and make appropriate recommendations
- Assist in the definition, documentation, and development of mapping rules for movement of data from disparate data sources and into the various components and subject areas of the BI environment
- Oversee and create data models, data flow diagrams, data mappings alongside with Product Support and SMEs in place
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent education and/or experience
- Overall 10+ years of experience in delivering Business Intelligence solutions
- 7+ years of experience with Relational and Dimensional Modeling
- Extensive / In-depth expertise of relational database design, logical data modeling, data warehousing, and relational database management systems preferably MSFT SQL / Azure or similar
- Good exposure to various cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, OCI) to play a key role in Application Modernization
- Familiarity with data security, storage solutions, database virtualization and replication
- Good understanding of reporting tools such as Tableau, Power BI
- Expert knowledge of ETL concepts, development, and experience with various Data Tools in the market – on-prem and cloud
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 13,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.