Benefits Supervisor - UniFirst
The Benefits Supervisor is a forward thinker, driver of innovation and integral member of the Total Rewards Management Team. The Benefits Supervisor owns, manages and continues to build companywide benefits and well-being programs to attract and retain employees. The ideal candidate will have a strong benefits analyst background with experience managing multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
Responsibilities Include -
- Oversees benefits operations and compliance, assists with the creation of benefits, work life effectiveness and analytics strategies
- Manages relationships with vendors, brokers and carriers, including monitoring cost, service levels, processes and accuracy of data; primary point of contact for escalated benefits issues
- Position is responsible for the vision, analysis, research, communication, and administration of benefit programs, and the processes associated with supporting these programs
- Coaches, develops and mentors the Benefits Team; ensures work is delegated to the appropriate level on the team; manages Benefit Team’s performance
- Works closely with the Sr. Manager of Total Rewards and Benefits Consultants on annual renewal and strategy for US and Canada; partners with Benefits Consultants on financial analysis of benefit programs
- Evaluates effectiveness of current programs/plans and makes recommendations regarding improvements or changes to better align with industry best practices or company objectives
- Manages existing Work Life Effectiveness programs as well as analyzes effectiveness of programs; develops strategies to improve employee wellbeing
- Collaborates with IT and vendors to design processes which facilitate the effective administration and ongoing management of benefits programs
- Oversee project management for all major department initiatives including annual enrollment, profit sharing, annual audits and work-life effectiveness programs
- Ensures compliance with applicable state and federal employee benefit laws and regulations including, but not limited to, ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, as well as applicable IRS and DOL regulations
- Minimum 5 years of progressive benefits experience; prior experience as a benefits analyst is a plus; 1-2 years of supervisory experience a plus
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze and work with large sets of data
- Strong understanding of HR processes, data and HR Technology (PeopleSoft experience is a plus)
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) to all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- PHR/SHRM-CP, CEBS Certifications a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required.
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Customer Service Representative - UniFirst Vernon, California, United States
- Project Engineer Stockroom - UniFirst , United States
- Corporate Stockroom Operations & Inventory Specialist , United States