Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
The UniFirst Corporate Program Sales Executive (PSE) is responsible for generating new National Account Direct Sales within a defined territory. The PSE is charged with managing the entire sales process including identifying target accounts, setting appointments with key decision makers, understanding the needs and roles of all buying influences, creating value through a deep understanding of our prospect’s challenges and presenting a compelling solution that will improve their business.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:Generate a minimum of $1,000,000 in new qualified annual Direct Sales revenues during each UniFirst fiscal year.
- Identify key decision makers and navigate through complex buying environments to insure we are positioned for success.
- Develop custom solutions for target accounts and quantify process improvements and savings.
- Effectively present to a diverse audience including large committees and Executives.
- Negotiate service requirements, pricing, and other terms and conditions conducive to creating a long term partnership.
- Align the necessary internal groups and departments to make sure we meet and exceed the prospects expectations.
- Utilize SFA to effectively qualify and prioritize opportunities based on contract expiration dates, market conditions, and our competitive strengths and weaknesses. Effectively use the available networking tools (LinkedIn, InsideView, etc.) to reach high level decision makers and generate interest early in the sales process.
- Work with our Market Research and Development (MRD) group to efficiently manage your database and increase the number of prospects and quality of information.
- Constantly monitor the competitive market conditions, sales and pricing strategies, and buying trends in order to devise effective strategies to counter strengths and take advantage of weaknesses.
- Maintain an accurate funnel, forecast and monthly activity report.
- Meet or exceed the minimum sales activity requirements.
UniFirst's Benefits Include:
· 401K with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
The successful candidate for this position must have these minimum requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of outside B2B sales experience
- Experience selling large National Account Programs to committees and “C” level Executives
- Ability to work autonomously at very high productivity levels
- Demonstrated track record of success including recognition through awards and promotions
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws