Shuttle and Transport Driver/ Soil Receiving - UniFirst
This position is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst is seeking a reliable and hardworking Team Partner to join our UniFirst Family. Our Shuttle and Transport/Production schedule runs daytime hours Monday through Friday because in the UniFirst culture, we believe nights and weekends should be reserved for personal and family time.
What’s in it for you?
Our Team Partners get quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement.
Some companies like to promote from within, we love to! Many of our Plant Managers started at UniFirst working on the production floor!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
What you’ll be doing:
- Adding and replacing garments when necessary
- Inspecting and counting products upon return from service routes
- Completing paperwork and record keeping in a timely manner
- Maintaining a clean stockroom area
- Processing out-of-service uniforms returned from routes
- Order picking, garment grading, and emblem processing as needed
- Transport product between branch locations and plant locations according to schedule
Ensure appropriate product is selected and loaded for the appropriate day
- Leave a clean and orderly work area at UniFirst location
- Effectively load and unload vehicle
- Maintain logs of travel and cargo according to federal and state regulations
- Maintain adequate fluid/tire levels, daily safety inspections. Fill out daily truck report to notify management of any maintenance concerns on vehicle.
- Keep a clean general appearance of the shuttle vehicle inside and out
- Drive Safely and follow all company regulations and driving laws
The position will be split between the Shuttle and Transport driver and the Soil Receiving department. Time in each department will be determined based on the Manager's needs.
Commitment To Safety:
UniFirst Corporation is committed to maintain a safe and productive work environment. It is the responsibility of every Team Partner to perform the function of their job in a safe manner and in accordance with UniFirst safety policies and procedures.
- Operate fleet vehicle within company safety guidelines
- Utilize proper lifting techniques
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment when necessary
- Immediately report any and all work related accidents to your supervisor
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· 401K with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in accordance with measurable performance standards specific to each job area. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school or equivalent experience
21 years of age
Valid drivers license
Safe driving record
Ability to pass DOT physical and drug screen
Verbal Skills for communication with team members
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of business related concerns and situations.
Ability to clearly read, write, and clearly communicate verbally with supervisor
Ability to stand and walk for an 8-hour shift
Some individual tasks require heavy lifting, must be able to carry up to 80 lbs
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using American standard units in weight measurement, volume, and distance
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws