Manager, Financial Services - UniFirst
Location:San Antonio, Texas
The Manager, Financial Services position is responsible for overseeing the Cash Application and Accounts Receivable centralized financial service activities that are based in San Antonio, Texas. As a member of the Financial Operations Organization team, and in support of policies and processes as governed by the Corporate A/R organization, work with finance management on the structural buildout and implementation of the San Antonio based centralized Cash Applications group. Lead the team by ensuring that the group’s ongoing financial and service deliverables are achieved in accordance with group and business metrics. Possess an outstanding Service Excellence mentality, experience and approach, to be used in developing and delivering ongoing employee training, focused on an outstanding Service Delivery model, including timely research and resolution of customer or team partner questions and / or issues.
- Ensure the timely and accurate posting of customer payments to the proper accounts, by way of managing a diverse payment portfolio (checks, credit cards and Electronic Funds Transfers) in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide daily supervision and leadership to Cash and AR services team while ensuring that the team is adhering to corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Facilitate workforce planning and day to day group management that ensures achievement of centralized financial call center metrics while driving timely resolution of direct customer inquiries and / or call transfers from service center.
- Ensure the review, research and resolution of any errors or adjustments required to customer payments or the overall customer account history
- Actively participate and play an integral role in making recommendations and implementing improvements to the company’s cash applications policies and procedures to customer accounts.
- Develop, implement and monitor key performance indicators in accordance with group and company policy and financial / service targets
- Develop and maintain a collaborative, service focused relationship with the Call Center operational team, partnering to ensure the thorough and timely research and resolution of financial questions or issues pertaining to customer accounts
- Ensure the achievement of all San Antonio specific Cash and A/R Financial Operations service and financial metrics in accordance with Financial Operations and UniFirst targets
- Facilitate the timely, thorough and accurate completion of fiscal month end, quarter end and year end cash application related deliverables
- Ensure the timely and thorough completion of employee annual performance assessments as well as performance improvement processes as required
- Minimum of ten years related professional experience, including a minimum of five years management experience. Experience in managing cash applications teams within high volume settings with diverse payment portfolios. Prior Cash and Accounts Receivable management experience required, particularly within a service-oriented business.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word & Power Point
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, resource planning, delegation and priority setting
- Experience with the handling of credit card and electronic payments, including EFT’s and ACH’s, and the related posting to customer accounts.
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the business operations while possessing the ability to work cross functionally in support of business improvement initiatives.
- Outstanding Customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) with internal and external customers, vendors or team partners as required.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Possess self-motivation, excellent planning and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college required.
- Business management and/or Accounting major preferred
- Ability to Travel to Corporate Headquarters and other UniFirst sites as required (Up to 20% per quarter)