Customer Service Supervisor
Location:San Antonio, Texas
As a supervisor of an experienced customer service team, this position focuses on excellent customer care while interacting with location management, Customer Service Agents, and others to respond to customer calls and resolve issues. This individual is expected to have an existing skill set in place, to self-pace, prioritize and troubleshoot while performing specific functions according to standardized procedures. In addition to supervising staff and leading by example this position will also provide direct support to customer as required.
The Customer Service Supervisor will be meticulous, friendly, empathetic, detail-oriented, well organized, and able to adapt easily within a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Hiring, training, and preparing call center representatives to respond to customer questions and complaints and troubleshoot problems with services or products.
- Ensuring agents understand and comply with all call center objectives, performance standards, and policies.
- Answering agent questions regarding best practices or difficult calls.
- Identifying operational issues and suggesting possible improvements.
- Monitoring and evaluating agent performance, providing learning or coaching opportunities, and taking corrective action, if necessary.
- Monitoring and evaluating agent attendance and proper coverage for call center.
- Ensuring agents are assigned to proper que to ensure that customers are responded to in a timely manner.
- Preparing reports and analyzing data to assist management as they determine call center goals.
- Working closely with QA Team, other supervisors, and management team members to support agents and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Identifying customers’ needs.
- Identifying strengths and deficiencies in CSA staff’s customer care skill sets.
- Ensuring that deficiencies are remedied (by training, coaching, reorientation and continuously developing staff).
- Recognizing and rewarding excellent customer service within department.
- Listening to customers, staff, and senior management when communicating and resolving customer issues.
- Exhibiting leadership by example.
- Motivating staff to achieve customer satisfaction goals.
- Tracking customer calls, issues resolved and measuring performance results..
- Learning and maintaining knowledge of new system updates and call center processes.
- Building relationships with customers - both internal and external.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a demanding Office / Customer Service Environment with all applicable skills in place.
- Minimum 12 months experience in supervisory role.
- Well-honed communication skills.
- Minimum Keyboard speed of 45 WPM, with adjustment for errors.
- Excellent grammar and vocabulary skills.
- Mastery of Multi-Line Phones & all types of Office Equipment.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Outlook / Word / Excel.
- Ethical, Perceptive, Confident, Affable, Teachable, Meticulous.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- College Degree preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.