Route Trainee - UniFirst
UniFirst is seeking a driven customer focused Route Trainee to join the UniFirst family. As a Route Trainee, you will support the Service Department by helping Route Service Representatives with loading and unloading trucks, delivering and picking up customer products, maintaining vehicle safety, and covering assigned routes when needed. When covering routes, this individual will drive a company vehicle to and from customer stops along an assigned route. Routes are serviced daytime hours Monday through Friday because in the UniFirst culture, we believe nights and weekends should be reserved for personal and family time.
This position is ideal for individuals who prefer their work day to always be a little different and want to get their foot in the door to establish a career in Route Service. This individual may have the opportunity to move into a commissioned Route Service Representative position upon satisfactory performance reviews and appropriate tenure.
What’s in it for you?
Our Team Partners get quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement.
Some companies like to promote from within, we love to! Nearly all our Senior Executives started at UniFirst in our Service Department.
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Did we mention no nights or weekends?
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds because we believe it takes many kinds of people to make us successful.
What you’ll be doing:
- Service customers in a professional manner using effective communication skills and resolving customer issues
- Ensure accurate invoice inventories
- Perform inventory audits
- Maintain route vehicle reports, safety inspections and general appearance
- Attend daily account collections with Route Service Manager and assist with Account Receivable collections
What we’re looking for:
- High school diploma or GED, some college is a plus
- 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Must meet pre-employment DOT physical requirements
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
- Communication and language skills
- Basic computer proficiency
- Prior customer service, route sales, delivery and/or entrepreneurial experience preferred
Benefits & Perks
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 1.5-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 13,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
There’s a lot to love about UniFirst, where you come first.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Major Account Consultant - UniFirst Baltimore, Maryland, United States, Landover, Maryland, United States
- Reliability Support Engineer- UniFirst South Carolina, United States, Tennessee, United States, Virginia, United States, North Carolina, United States, Alabama, United States