Production: Mid-Shift Perfect Pick Operator/ Picker Strapper
Perfect Pick - This position is responsible for replenishing garments or emblems into the perfect pick system as well as for picking customer orders directly from the perfect pick system.
Picker/Strapper – This position is responsible for picking garments to fulfill customer orders in the active picking area which requires constant movement as well as standing at a strapping machine where leg and foot pedal is used to work the machine. Placing totes of strapped garments onto a conveyor. At times must go and retrieve empty totes from designated areas.
- Personal Protective Equipment is required in this area (Safety Glasses) when operating strapping machines.
- Picker/Strapper: Responsible for picking garments to fulfill customer orders in the active picking area. The active picking area is located downstairs as well as upstairs in the Distribution Center. This position requires the ability to read and understand an active pick location, garment sku, and quantity on either paper or on an RF gun, locate the inventory and fulfill the order. Orders are placed on a picking cart and pushed to the next active picking location to fulfill the next order. Responsible for retrieving bundles of garments from a cart, verifying garments and paperwork match, placing on strapping machine, pressing a foot pedal to initiate strapping machine. Once garments and paperwork are strapped securely together placing the bundle into a tote and placing tote onto a conveyor system. Responsible for retrieving empty totes from Induction Station and redistributing to strapping stations as needed. This position also requires the ability to work in a team environment.
- Responsible for replenishing garments and emblems to the perfect pick system. Process requires following instructions from a monitor, prompting which garments/emblems to retrieve from a conveyor and placing into a tote that is presented to you by the perfect pick system and confirming replenishment is complete.
- Responsible for picking garments to fulfill customer orders. Process requires following instructions from a monitor, showing a picture and description of garment to be picked, tote is presented by perfect pick system, pick the quantity prompted on screen and place in take away tote that system directs you to. If final pick then also required to retrieve paperwork and strap bundle together.
- One side of pick portals are located on a mezzanine.
- Will be required to work overtime as necessary. Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Should the need arise to lift, carry, or push weights significantly heavier than those listed, is expected to utilize teamwork to accomplish the task
- Must comply with work instructions set for the department on how to perform the tasks of the position.
- Must meet performance and quality standards set for the department
- Required to read and write English and follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed verbal and/or written instructions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess the ability to hear, talk, see, and distinguish between colors.
- Requires cross-training in other areas of the facility.
- Must be willing and able to actively participate in plant-wide safety activities.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws