Maintenance Technician Intern - UniFirst
Team Partner Student Interns are enrolled in an Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) program. Through AMT students attend classes two days per week at Owensboro Community & Technical College (OCTC) and work an additional 24 hours per week as a Maintenance Technician Student Intern. Focusing on servicing the facility and troubleshoot any machines not operating correctly. Team Partners are also responsible for ordering parts for machines, managing inventory, repairing machines, as well as repairing minor issues within the facility.
- General facility and machine maintenance, including but not limited to preventative maintenance, trouble-shooting, and repair of automated equipment including mechanical and electrical work.
- Performs new electrical/mechanical installations.
- Assists in monitoring and maintaining accurate spare parts inventory.
- Operate various mobile or powered industrial equipment as required.
- Will be required to perform other duties as directed by management.
- Must be willing and able to actively participate in plant-wide safety activities
- Should the need arise to lift, carry, or push weights significantly heavier than those listed, the employee is expected to utilize teamwork to accomplish the task
- Must currently be enrolled in AMT under the GO Fame program and maintain a “C” average or better.
- High School Graduate or equivalent is required
- Strong STEM Background
- Basic Computer Knowledge would be beneficial
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, which includes the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, and vendors.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written instruction.
- Requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed verbal and/or written instructions.
- Must possess the ability to hear, talk, see, and distinguish between colors.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Reliability Support Engineer- UniFirst South Carolina, United States, Tennessee, United States, Virginia, United States, North Carolina, United States, Alabama, United States
- National Account Executive Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, Texas, United States, Colorado, United States, California, United States, Arizona, United States