Human Resource Business Partner
Human Resource Business Partner
Human Resource Business Partner will be responsible for human resource and/or safety functions relating to the employees in their assigned area(s). HR Business Partner will assess and anticipate HR related needs, and communicate needs proactively with HR Manager, General Manager, and/or Supervisors. HR Business Partners are expected to work closely with managers, supervisors, and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and improve retention. In addition, HR Business Partners will manage and resolve complex employee issues, provide day to day performance management guidance to managers and supervisors which include coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Administer various employee benefit programs such as: medical, dental, vision, RX, life and supplemental life, etc.
- Open enrollment administration, entering employee benefit changes in PeopleSoft and the employee list
- Administer introductory employees benefits
- FMLA, Military Leave, Authorized Medical, STD and LTD administration
- Recruiting responsibilities for all open exempt and non-exempt positions including internal and external
- Coordinate and conducting interviews while maintaining the interview schedule
- Coordinate all new hire orientation responsibilities
- Monitor employee attendance records including coordinating corrective actions
- Provide policy and procedures guidance and interpretation
- Investigate issues such as working conditions, employee relations issues, employee complaints, employee performance issues, harassment allegations, etc.
- Recommends solutions when repetition of individual problems indicates negative trends
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional employee issues
- Make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using sound decision making skills that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, etc.
- Coordinate, conduct, and/or assist in employee corrective action meetings
- Analyze, discuss and make recommendations from exit interview for continuous improvement
- Take an active role in accident investigations and injury management by thoroughly reviewing the accident reports, using investigation techniques, following injury management guidelines, etc.
- Process accident reports
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource related field required
- Entry level – 5+ years related experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Must have the ability to plan and coordinate work in a sufficient and organized manner
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships
- Must be able to take initiative and organize workload with little or no direction
- Must possess HR related laws and regulations knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
- 401K with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 30% Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws