Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
UniFirst named the 6th Best Company to Sell ForLearn More
UniFirst celebrates 80 years in business at 15th annual Founder’s DayLearn More
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
The UniFirst Corporate Account Manager (CAM), is responsible for generating new National Account Sales in the Facility Services, HACCP, and Life Sciences vertical market in the eastern half of the United States. The CAM is charged with managing the entire sales process including identifying target accounts, setting appointments with key decision-makers, understanding the needs and roles of all buying influences, creating value through a deep understanding of our prospect’s challenges, and presenting a compelling solution that will improve their business.
- Generate a minimum of $20,000 in weekly rental revenues during each UniFirst fiscal year.
- Identify key decision-makers and navigate through complex buying environments to ensure we are positioned for success.
- Use our Total Cost Evaluation process to meet with key operational contacts within target accounts in order to complete a thorough site-level needs analysis.
- Develop custom solutions for target accounts and quantify process improvements and savings.
- Effectively present to a diverse audience including large committees and Executives.
- Negotiate service requirements, pricing, and other terms and conditions conducive to creating a long-term partnership.
- Align the necessary internal groups and departments to make sure we meet and exceed the prospect’s expectations.
- Utilize CRM to effectively qualify and prioritize opportunities based on contract expiration dates, market conditions, and our competitive strengths and weaknesses. Effectively use the available networking tools (LinkedIn, InsideView, etc.) to reach high level decision makers and generate interest early in the sales process.
- Work with our SEALS group to efficiently manage your database and increase the number of prospects and quality of information.
- Constantly monitor the competitive market conditions, sales and pricing strategies, and buying trends in order to devise effective strategies to counter strengths and take advantage of weaknesses.
- Maintain an accurate funnel, forecast, and monthly activity report.
- Meet or exceed the minimum sales activity requirements.
7+ years of outside B2B sales experience
Experience selling large National Account Programs to committees and “C” level Executives
Ability to work autonomously at very high productivity levels
Demonstrated track record of success including recognition through awards and promotions
Must be very proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Willingness to travel 50% of the time
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call to let us know the nature of your request.
UniFirst Recruiters and/or representatives will not ask job seekers to provide personal financial information when submitting a job application. Please be vigilant as such requests for information may be fraudulent.