Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
The UniFirst Major Account Consultant (MAC), is responsible for generating new Major Account Sales within a defined territory. The MAC is charged with managing the entire sales process including identifying target accounts, setting appointments with key decision makers, understanding the needs and roles of all buying influences, creating value through a deep understanding of our prospect’s challenges and presenting a compelling solution that will improve their business.
- Generate a minimum of $10,400 in weekly rental revenues during each UniFirst fiscal year.
- Identify key decision makers and navigate through complex buying environments to insure we are positioned for success.
- Use our Total Cost Evaluation process to meet with key operational contacts within target accounts in order to complete a thorough site level needs analysis.
- Develop custom solutions for target accounts and quantify process improvements and savings.
- Effectively present to a diverse audience including large committees and Executives.
- Negotiate service requirements, pricing, and other terms and conditions conducive to creating a long-term partnership.
- Align the necessary internal groups and departments to make sure we meet and exceed the prospect’s expectations.
- Utilize Dynamics to effectively qualify and prioritize opportunities based on contract expiration dates, market conditions, and our competitive strengths and weaknesses. Effectively use the available prospecting tools (Phone, Email, Seismic, Seeding, On-Site Visits, LinkedIn, etc.) to reach high level decision makers and generate interest early in the sales process.
- Work with our Market Research and Development (MRD) group to efficiently manage your database and increase the number of prospects and quality of information.
- Urgently engage with MAC Leads from the field, and provide leads not meeting MAC criteria to local teams.
- Submit prospects that meet National Account criteria to National Accounts Division.
- Constantly monitor the competitive market conditions, sales and pricing strategies, and buying trends in order to devise effective strategies to counter strengths and take advantage of weaknesses.
- Maintain an accurate funnel, forecast and monthly activity report.
- Achieve a minimum of 90% to quarterly commitment.
- Meet or exceed the minimum sales activity requirements.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and comply with UniFirst’s Code of Ethics.
- Maintain a line of open communication with Management.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· 401K with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in B2B hunting sales or Sales Management in a service industry.
- Proven track record of sales success, President’s Club or equivalent achievement.
- High level knowledge and experience managing the entire major account sales process including, identifying target accounts, setting appointments with key decision makers, understanding the needs and roles of all buying influences, creating value through a deep understanding of the prospect’s challenges and presenting a compelling solution to improve their business.
- Experience in contract negotiations with major account prospects at the Executive or “C” decision making level.
- Proven track record of pipeline management and forecasting.
- Must possess an autonomous, progressive “take-charge” attitude, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multitask, understand, recognize and prioritize workload.
- High level use of sales force automation “CRM” tools, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams.
- Must reside in the assigned Market Area.
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight in Market Area.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call to let us know the nature of your request.
UniFirst Recruiters and/or representatives will not ask job seekers to provide personal financial information when submitting a job application. Please be vigilant as such requests for information may be fraudulent.