Nuclear Folding Labor/Production Operator- UniTech
UniTech Services is looking for a Nuclear Folding Labor/Production Operator to help process laundry for our customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sort articles by article and material type.
- Weigh articles, load articles into washer, start washer.
- Remove clean, wet articles from washer and place them into dryers for measured time cycles.
- Turn articles as necessary in preparation of monitoring.
- Inspect for damage
- Monitor articles for residual contamination using appropriate monitoring instrument (ALM, MGM, Frisker)
- Mend torn or damaged articles as necessary.
- Bundle and package articles in accordance with work order requirements.
- Count number of articles processed and place in shipping containers.
- Perform clean-up in between customers and at end of shift.
- 6-9 Months of related experience and/or training preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Willingness to pass a pre-employment drug test and random drug testing.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
UniFirst Recruiters and/or representatives will not ask job seekers to provide personal financial information when submitting a job application. Please be vigilant as such requests for information may be fraudulent.