Contamination Control Service Technician - UniClean
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
The UniClean Division of UniFirst Corporation specializes in cleanroom garment services to hi-tech industries such as semiconductor, medical device, pharmaceutical, biomedical, optics, and a growing list of cutting-edge manufacturers. These industries require absolute cleanliness and consistency in their manufactured products and therefore require specialized uniforms and controlled cleaning processes.
- Perform cleaning in controlled environments base on customer specific requirements.
- Embrace proper personnel hygiene and behaviors that keep a controlled environment clean.
- Follow and refer to customer specific work instruction for cleaning requirements.
- Completion of supporting records/forms as required.
- Follow and refer to customer specific work instruction for controlled environment.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· 401K with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two‑three‑syllable words, recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences in English.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and move about a facility.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and must follow established procedures.
- The employee must follow established procedures specific to customer requirements to avoid contamination of cleanroom.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws