Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
Our Team is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst First Aid + Safety is seeking a reliable and hardworking Safety Compliance Specialist to join our family. As a Team Partner in the Safety Training Department, you will be facilitating various CPR/First Aid & OSHA Safety classes to our client’s locations. When working with UniFirst First Aid + Safety we provide a variety of shifts. Our standard is a 5-day work week, enjoy two days off a week. We have an immediate opening and provide on the job training.
Pay & Benefits: On the job training & great hourly pay + 401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
What’s in it for you?
Training: Our Team Partners receive ongoing cross-training, exposing them to different department areas. Cross training enhances performance and assists with career potential and advancement.
Work Life Balance: We offer up to 40-hours a week!
Career Growth: Some companies like to promote from within, we love to!
Culture: Our family culture is what makes UniFirst First Aid + Safety an organization that stands out from the rest.
Diversity: At UniFirst First Aid + Safety, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide various Safety Training classes to customers including, but not limited to; CPR/First Aid, Forklift Safety, Fire Extinguisher Safety.
- Drive company provided vehicle to and from customer locations daily.
- Contact customers by phone and email to schedule training.
- Contact customers and prospects by phone and email to sell Safety Training services and products.
- Clean and maintain all equipment including van and training equipment.
- Complete required reporting.
- Use iPad or other electronic devices to bill customers and complete training details.
- Meet with the training center manager to discuss goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Work with internal resources to increase Safety Training base.
- Complete ongoing continuing education to increase Safety Training offerings and knowledge.
- Order supplies as needed.
- Provide ongoing support of customers to maintain OSHA compliance.
What we’re looking for:
- High school and/or GED equivalent is required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record is required.
- Minimum of 1 year as a Safety Instructor providing Forklift, Scissor Lift, Boom Lift, Fire Safety and other common OSHA classes.
- 2 years of teaching CPR/First Aid is highly preferred.
- Experienced in sales and upselling additional safety-related products and services is highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate course material in a clear and understandable manner.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to teach effectively in an adult learning environment.
- Ability to travel within the designated territory.
- Excellent communication skills for internal and external scheduling.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs at certain times.
About UniFirst First Aid + Safety
UniFirst First Aid + Safety is a division of the UniFirst Corporation. UniFirst First Aid + Safety is one of the largest providers of First Aid, AEDs, Compliance Training, Safety and PPE products in the United States. Businesses such as manufacturing, office buildings, retail, construction, logistics, automotive, and government agencies, are just a few examples of our current customer base. We are part of a $70 million division within a $1.8 billion company.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.