Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
The Corporate Apparel Direct, Direct Sales Specialist (DSS) is responsible for generating new Direct Sales within a defined territory of the branch or location. The DSS is charged with managing the entire sales process including identifying target accounts from primarily our current rental customer base, setting appointments with key decision makers, understanding the needs and roles of all buying influences, creating value through a deep understanding of our customers challenges and presenting a compelling solution that will improve their business. The desired outcome is to add a web portal to our current customer base allowing the customer to purchase direct sale apparel as needed to compliment the rental program.
- Work with the branch sales and service team to penetrate our existing customer base.
- Field rides with the CDR, First Aid, the service and outside sales team, team selling.
- Work with the service management team to add value to our rental customer base and build websites to move competitor DS revenue to UniFirst.
- Identify key decision makers and navigate through complex buying environments to insure we are positioned for success.
- Develop custom solutions for target accounts and quantify process improvements and savings over their current situation.
- Effectively present to a diverse audience including large committees and Executives.
- Negotiate account requirements, pricing, and other terms and conditions conducive to creating a long-term partnership.
- Align the necessary internal groups and departments to make sure we meet and exceed the prospects expectations.
- Utilize CRM to effectively qualify and prioritize opportunities based on contract expiration dates, market conditions, and our competitive strengths and weaknesses. Effectively use the available networking tools (LinkedIn, InsideView, etc.) to reach high level decision makers and generate interest early in the sales process.
- Work with our Market Research and Development (MRD) group to efficiently manage your database and increase the number of prospects and quality of information.
- Constantly monitor the competitive market conditions, sales and pricing strategies, and buying trends in order to devise effective strategies to counter strengths and take advantage of weaknesses.
- Maintain an accurate funnel, forecast and monthly activity report and report to both the GM and Director of CAD support.
- Meet or exceed the minimum sales activity requirements.
- 3 years of outside B2B sales experience
- Experience selling large program accounts and “C” level Executives
- Ability to work autonomously at very high productivity levels
- Ability to work in a team selling atmosphere
- Demonstrated track record of success including recognition through awards and promotions
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Expertise in MS Teams and the Outlook suite
- Bachelor’s degree or industry equivalent.
- Limited Travel, Territory assigned however there could be rare occasions travel could be required for training purposes.
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call to let us know the nature of your request.
UniFirst Recruiters and/or representatives will not ask job seekers to provide personal financial information when submitting a job application. Please be vigilant as such requests for information may be fraudulent.