Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
You’ll be positioned for success at UniFirst because we’ll provide you with the guidance and support that can help you to achieve your career and sales leadership goals.
Do any of these career possibilities appeal to you?
- Solid Base Salary and Uncapped Commission earnings potential
- Fast-moving environment with time spent in office and in the field
- Not just a trainee, but a vital part of the overall sales team leadership
- Well-defined, documented Career Path – Possible promotion and relocation within 18 months
- Family oriented culture
- Work-Life Balance – No nights or weekends
- An openness to hiring and training both the experienced and inexperienced
- If any of these possibilities do appeal to you… we may have just the sales leadership career you’ve been looking for and deserve.
“One of the greatest things about UniFirst is the ongoing opportunity for advancement. My UniFirst career path is the perfect example. I was hired in 2011 as a Facility Services Sales Rep before quickly being promoted to Outside Sales Rep. After two years as a Sales Rep, I was promoted to Sales Manager. Recently, I was promoted again, this time to Regional Sales Manager. UniFirst invests in people that work hard, have a willingness to learn, and are hungry to advance in the organization. At UniFirst, everyone is treated with respect. It seems so simple but our family culture is very real. It is also one of the many reasons I will continue to build my future with UniFirst.” – Ryan Young, Regional Sales Manager
- $1.6 billion organization – Over 80 years strong – More than 300,000 business customers – 14,000 employee team partners – 250 customer service, distribution, and manufacturing facilities throughout North America
Family controlled since 1936
- 2016 – Rated “10th Best Company to Sell For” by Selling Power Magazine
- One of the best Onboarding and Sales Training Program in the industry
- Leading provider of Workwear and Facility Service rental programs
About the Position
- Your Sales Manager will personally groom and train you on how to build and lead a successful Sales Team.
- You’ll have your own team of Sales Representatives that need your support.
- You’ll master a truly consultative, HELP oriented, highly ethical sales process that works.
- You’ll teach your Sales Reps how to be proud “Hunters” of New Business ONLY Sales of Workwear Rental and Facility Services Programs to a wide variety of prospective business customers.
- You’ll be well-armed with a Laptop, iPad, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, and an arsenal of other Apps, sales tools, and aids.
- You’ll get to use a really cool, one-of-a-kind Catalog App that will provide you with a serious competitive advantage.
- You’ll compete like a tiger in frequent Sales Contests for many additional earning opportunities
- You’ll receive a car and cell phone allowance
Are You a Fit?
If all of the following attributes and traits hit home for you, we hope you will apply for this unique and valuable opportunity:
- You like to work hard and get paid well for it
- You like a fun working environment and being part of a dynamic team
- You’re naturally persuasive and have real leadership potential
- You’re thick skinned with rejection; rolls right off your back – no problem
- You’re extremely competitive – YOU CAN’T STAND TO LOSE!
- You’re ethical, optimistic, confident, positive, assertive, and have lots of self-respect
- High School Diploma or GED – a College Degree is a nice plus.
- 1 to 3 years B2B sales experience – sales management experience is a nice plus.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Good with computer and tablet operation, including MS Office.
- 401K with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Referral Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- 30% Employee Discount
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws