Technical Lead, Sales & Commissions Systems
UniFirst Corporation is seeking to add a full time Technical Lead in our growing IT Department. This role will lead delivery and operational support of UniFirst’s Sales Performance Management (SPM) platform. SPM runs on SAP Commissions. The Technical Lead is also a member of the Agile Product Team responsible for defining features and contributes to the prioritization of the product roadmaps supporting our Sales organization. This is an instrumental role to drive business value to the organization by enhancing and supporting applications utilized by the sales organization. This role will be the subject matter expert of these assigned applications and responsible for maintaining the conceptual integrity of the features/ components for the team. This technical leader will serve as the liaison between the Sales & Marketing line of business and IT department of our company, leveraging the data the IT team extrapolates, while also overseeing the selection and implementation of software programs and hardware resources. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented with experience in systems integration and data mapping. This role will also be responsible for translating business needs to IT solutions, and vice versa, with current programs, projects and initiatives in mind.
- Responsible for the designs, prototypes, and other methodologies for new and/or existing systems including the design, development and implementation of test plans and strategies, as well as program specifications with various interfaces.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements software applications according to standards.
- Provides top-level expertise in the definition and development of specifications and programming.
- Leads all aspects of application configuration and development for SPM.
- Determines user requirements, leads application design, plans projects, and implements solutions.
- Collaborates with architecture team and commissions business partners to lead the implementation of IT solutions.
- Executes on production engineering processes, incident management, root cause analysis, change management, and release management.
- Implements proactive and reactive monitoring to detect, predict and resolve abnormal conditions in the environment.
- Provides analysis, creative problem solving, and effective communications for complex production support.
- Acts as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Analyze current business processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Create and present reports to executive team members and shareholders to support recommendations.
- Gather intelligence from management about needs and future growth.
- Evaluate, test, and recommend new opportunities for enhancing our software, hardware, and IT processes.
- Communicates cross-functionally with multiple lines of business, IT departments, vendors, and consultants.
- Documents workflows, system flows, and business process flows.
- Provides subject matter expertise – explaining product vision and requirements to the team to ensure clarity and customer value is delivered.
- Responsible for defining and prioritizing stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program.
- Consideration of usability testing and end-user feedback to ensure product will address and resolve user pain points.
Program Backlog Prioritization
- Responsible for building, prioritizing, monitoring/editing, and maintaining the flow of Program Backlog to ensure the delivery of business value.
- Leads the business team in identifying dependencies and tradeoffs as well as problem solving any risks that may appear in the Program Backlog.
- Contributes to the product roadmap and communicates expectations to the business stakeholders.
Maintain Conceptual and Technical Integrity of Features/Components
- Provide architecture and development teams sufficiently detailed feedback on user stories and product vision to ensure the team maintains the technical integrity of features / functionality.
- Responsible for assuring a level of quality has been achieved by validating that the Story meets acceptance criteria.
Tech Stack Includes:
SAP Callidus Cloud, Microsoft Dynamics, Automic Automation, Axway SFTP, SQL, Crystal Reports, Mendix, and Jira.
- 3+ years experience with Sales commissions.
- 3+ years Technical Support experience.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience with significant experience in software development.
- Knowledge of theories, principles and practices of systems and applications development, including deep understanding of SDLC.
- Familiarity with common sales systems, including CRM, forecasting and sales incentives.
- Experience using or supporting Crystal Reports.
- Experience with data warehouse technologies.
- Experience with SAP Commissions/Callidus Cloud preferred.
- Experience in Project Management, preferably in the Enterprise Software space.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision (self-starter) and to be able to work well with a team for a common goal.
- Strong experience with strategic planning, project planning, and implementation, and communication with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to think both abstractly and analytically, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information from a variety of sources, often requiring research skills and creativity.
- Bachelor's degree or master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, mathematics, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Proficient skills in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Visio).
- Ability to work calmly and constructively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Utilizes experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to upper managements’ directions accurately.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.