Talent Acquisition Specialist (Recruiter)
You will be a Big Deal when you join our dynamic Talent Acquisition Team at UniFirst’s Corporate Headquarters! If you thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoy being a problem-solver who can implement and drive strategic talent related solutions, this is the ideal opportunity for you!
As a Talent Acquisition (TA) Specialist, you will effectively build internal relationships with key stakeholders and hiring managers throughout the organization. As the subject matter expert, you will take a consultative approach with leadership to ensure we remain compliant, provide an exceptional candidate experience, and follow best practices for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring. The TA Specialist will also help to foster relationships with vendors, assist in the facilitation of internal trainings, manage our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), and work on special projects and/or initiatives.
Our Team Partners get quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement.
Some companies say they like to promote from within, we just do…constantly!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Did we mention no nights or weekends?
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds because we believe it takes many kinds of people to make us successful.
- Support the development and execution of the Talent Acquisition strategy to attract, source, and select the best talent.
- Serve as a full cycle recruiter.
- Sustain effective relationships with current recruitment vendors and evaluate new vendors as needed.
- Act as an ambassador of UniFirst, taking an active role to promote UniFirst internally and in the external marketplace through networking, social media, conferences, external partnerships, etc.
- Provide proactive hiring solutions to internal hiring managers to deliver a competitive advantage within the talent space, including the coordination of hiring events.
- Display strong business acumen, staying current on the recruiting industry and trends.
- Manage the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) including the creation of requisitions, candidate onboarding process, and maintaining job postings / sponsorship.
- Assist in the job offer letter creation and extension process.
- Facilitate trainings to Hiring Manager on best practices for recruiting and compliance.
- Deliver a first-class candidate experience while providing best practices to Hiring Managers to create a consistent experience throughout the organization.
- Write and amend job descriptions to accurately explain the functions and qualifications for roles.
- Support other Talent related initiatives and projects as needed.
- 2+ years of experience within Talent Acquisition/Recruiting
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and to react to shifting priorities to satisfy employee and business needs
- Process, policy, and detail oriented; strong analytical and organizational skills are a must
- Technology savvy with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (Taleo is a plus!)
- Proficient with MS 365
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully work as an individual or as part of a team
- Advanced speaking skills; must communicate information clearly and facilitate learning to diverse audiences
- Proactive, strategic thinker with strong attention to detail
- Prior experience managing vendors and/or RPOs is preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (please note, this will be a future obligation with consideration of external factors)
- This role will currently work remote until further notice of the TA Team returning to the corporate headquarters.
Benefits & Perks
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a nearly 2-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.