Supply Chain Sales Planning Specialist
The Sales Planning Specialist is the liaison between two high performance teams, the sales team in the field and the planning team at the headquarters. This role is essential in ensuring the teams grow the UniFirst business by always delivering on the customers’ needs in a timely manner. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working with the planning and sales teams to ensure the procurement of merchandise to satisfy new and existing customer demands. Advanced communication skills, knowledge of basic planning KPIs, and an understanding of the sales process are a plus. The ideal candidate should bring industry best practices to the table and will collaborate with fellow team members as well as senior leadership. Knowledge of S&OP activities in a multi-channel organization will be key in helping this individual excel within a thriving and fast-paced business. The sales planning specialist will have a relentless focus on the customer, but will also be familiar with demand planning, analysis and inventory management. This important position requires optimized organizational skills, a positive attitude, and a “customer first” focus.
- Support the sales and planning teams by helping ensure inventory availability in accordance with new and existing customer demands
- Focus on inventory availability, review back orders and recommend actions to improve sales opportunities and optimize inventory investments
- Provide clear communication and data to the planning and sales teams to ensure all team members have a clear understanding the progress of pending installations
- Work with cross functional teams throughout the business to collect, analyze and resolve any issues that stand in the way of timely installations
- Understand the planning and sales processes to identify areas for improvement
- Proactively identify customer needs and immediately propose contingency plans to mitigate risks and maximize customer product satisfaction
- Use a data-driven approach to develop sales and planning reports that will maximize product investments, minimize unproductive inventory, and improve customer service
- Lead the inventory reserve process by collecting, analyzing and proposing solutions to track, document, and categorize customer specific inventory investments
- Track and document customer and product installations to provide visibility and identify any risks within timelines that support successful installations
- Lead with a positive approach and develop strong relationships
- At least 5 years of experience in Supply Chain, Sales Planning or Merchandise Coordination
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office and communication skills
- Basic understanding of sales and planning applications
- Critical thinking, initiative and drive for results
- Flexible approach, creative thinking, and act as a change agent
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Collaborative ability to work individually and part of a strong team
- Versatility, flexibility, and willing to work with large teams
- Team player who collaborates with business units and functional partners at all levels
- Strong analytical mind, excellent business acumen and overall positive approach
UniFirst is a Forbes Magazine Platinum 400 Best Big Companies organization that delivers on your career with:
Competitive salary & an industry-leading benefits package, including: Profit Sharing, Health & Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Disability, Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount.
Top quality skills training designed to enhance performance and assist you with your career potential and advancement.
Join the team that puts customers and your future FIRST. UniFirst.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Major Account Consultant - UniFirst Baltimore, Maryland, United States, Landover, Maryland, United States
- Reliability Support Engineer- UniFirst South Carolina, United States, Tennessee, United States, Virginia, United States, North Carolina, United States, Alabama, United States