The Staff Accountant position will be responsible for a wide range of general accounting duties related to the Company’s fiscal month end closing.
- Assist in the preparation of information related to the monthly closing process, monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and schedules
- Perform monthly and quarterly reconciliations for assigned accounts; research and analyze findings and variances; document/demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the balance as well as the fluctuation changes
- Work closely with Accountants on day to day accounting functions
- Research and respond to information requests from various Corporate departments and personnel
- Effectively communicate with and support field locations to address accounting issues or provide information as requested
- Interact with independent external auditors regarding quarterly reviews and the annual financial audit to ensure timely delivery of information and completion of work
- Assist the Internal Audit department with Sarbanes-Oxley annual evaluation and testing
- Complete other Ad Hoc requests, Corporate initiatives and projects as requested by Management
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting
- 2+ years of industry experience or 1-2 years in public accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, PeopleSoft skills a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy of work
- Ability to work independently, must possess ability to multitask
- Knowledge of US GAAP
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- National Account Executive Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, Texas, United States, Colorado, United States, California, United States, Arizona, United States
- Engineering Manager San Antonio, Texas, United States