Sr. Strategic HR Business Partner
The Sr. Strategic HR Business Partner is the lead HR professional that enables the delivery of Human Resources services throughout our Service and Production operations, which span across the US and Canada with 250+ locations and 8,000+/- Team Partners. The successful incumbent will develop and manage the integration of HR strategies, policies, procedures, and disciplines for the assigned business units while balancing the business’s needs in a dynamic, fast-paced, and complex operating environment. Working as part of the Corporate HR team that supports 14,000 employees throughout the US, Canada, and Latin America, the Sr. Strategic HR Business Partner plays a key role in ensuring the HR team’s continued success and the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist leaders in the creation of strategy and execution of business plans
- Provides guidance and input on organizational design and business unit restructures to achieve strategic goals and complete foundational initiatives
- Assist in creating resource plans to attract, develop and retain high potential talent
- Participate in leadership meetings to fully understand priorities and obstacles in achieving desired results
- Acts as the HR SME for our Service and Production organizations; leading various HR initiatives and projects
- Provides strategic guidance and support to the Service and Production leadership team on human resources-related issues and initiatives
- Works in partnership with the HR Talent Management and Shared Services teams to facilitate, align and streamline HR processes and deliver value-added services
- Analyzes workforce trends and recommends workforce compensation and succession planning strategies to resolve issues and make a positive impact on business results
- Partners with the employee relations team to manage the escalation of complex employee relations issues, grievances, and investigations
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team partners to reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance
- Works with management and team partners to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Leads business unit specific employee communications as required to increase employee engagement and development of the desired culture
- Participates as a member of the HR Management team, including input and involvement in broader HR specific projects
- 5+ years of HR experience in a large company/complex organizational structure
- Experience as an HRBP in relevant organizations highly desired (logistics, manufacturing, distribution, plant operations)
- Strong analytical skills are a must. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills highly desired
- Fluency in all areas of HR with expertise in at least two HR functions
- Experience using HR Technology and the ability to learn new technologies quickly is required
- Ability to demonstrate influence and impact at a managerial level
- Excellent communication skills and bi-lingual a plus
- Humble but persuasive and resilient
- Proactive and able to work with minimum supervision
- Self-confident, knowledgeable and pragmatic
- Able to find innovative solutions to difficult problems
- Change orientated and able to manage conflict resolution
- Good teamwork & team leader skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field is required.
- HR certification or advance degree preferred.
Benefits & Perks
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Major Account Consultant - UniFirst Baltimore, Maryland, United States, Landover, Maryland, United States
- Reliability Support Engineer- UniFirst South Carolina, United States, Tennessee, United States, Virginia, United States, North Carolina, United States, Alabama, United States