Senior Network Engineer - UniFirst
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for supporting all secure data and voice communications systems/networks for the UniFirst Corporation’s 230+ locations and 2 Data Centers. In this role, you should have excellent problem-solving skills, forward-thinking network design and a thorough knowledge of advanced network architecture technologies (Cloud, Security, SD-WAN, Telephony and Local Wired/Wireless Infrastructures). As a Senior Network Engineer, mentoring a team of professionals to maintain, troubleshoot, diagnose and optimize peak network performance is expected.
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for a complex, state-of-the-art communication network that will be rapidly changing to support the enterprise’s growth and development of new business opportunities. They are challenged with providing a secure voice, data and network environment that are reliable, flexible, and cost effective.
Essential Position Functions:
- Manage/Analyze/Design/Develop/Deploy/Configure UniFirst’s SD-WAN, LAN, WLAN and Telephony Infrastructure in accordance with Engineering Best Practices.
- SD-WAN – Talari Appliances/Cisco Routers
- LAN – Predominately Cisco Infrastructure (Nexus Core at the Data Centers, C2900 Series Access Switches).
- WLAN – Mix of Cisco On-Prem Controller, Researching Cloud Based
- Telephony – Cisco Call Manager Suite (CM/CUCX/Unity/Gateways etc.)
- Security – Palo Alto NGFW, Cisco ASA, Cisco ACS/ISE Authentication
- Azure/AWS – Secure Application Integration
- New and emerging technologies
- Monitor Network/Security performance and integrity (Dashboard KPI statistics, Splunk).
- Strong problem-solving skills related to Cloud/SD-WAN/Security/Local Infrastructures.
- Provide design, planning, implementation and technical support for Network improvements, upgrades and installations.
- Manage/configure/maintain hardware and upgrades associated with network components.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical (mentor) and non-technical teams.
- 10+ years’ Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- In-Depth understanding of Network Design, Architecture and Administration.
- Solid understanding of communication protocols (TCP/IP/UDP/SIP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF).
- Advanced Knowledge with Network Security and Access Control Models.
- Experience with Network Diagnostic, Monitoring and Analysis Tools (e.g. SolarWinds, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience working with Wireless technologies
- Experience with SD-WAN Optimization technologies
- Experience with configuring and implementing Load Balances Technologies (F5)
- Experience working with Palo Alto, Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Cisco VOIP experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to work with equipment vendors
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with limited supervision
- Leadership and Mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated success in installing, customizing, developing, implementing and maintaining network systems developed internally and / or in conjunction with outside vendors.
- Any related industry certifications (CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, Palo Alto, etc.) would be a plus
- Member of on-call rotation
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
- 401K with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 30% Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws