Senior Manager, Billing & AR Operations - UniFirst
The Senior Manager, Billing & AR Operations position is responsible for providing direction and support to the Financial Operations Central Billing and Accounts Receivable teams while operationalizing the strategic vision of the Financial Operations investment, service and support model. As a member of the Financial Operations Leadership team, and in support of the direction of the Director, Financial Operations, this role develops and operationalizes Billing & AR related policies, procedures and processes as governed by the corporate Financial Operations organization, while building and leading a team that focuses on employee development, financial and business controls and investment in systems, solutions and tools required to support UniFirst’s investment in an integrated Order to Cash delivery and service model. The role builds and leads an engaged team that possesses a service excellence approach and mindset while supporting UniFirst’s vision to become universally recognized as the best Service provider in our industry.
- Provide direction and leadership to Central Billing & AR teams by working with Billing & AR management and extended team members to ensure Central Billing and AR tasks are planned, prioritized and completed within a timely, efficient & accurate manner.
- Ensure the coordination and implementation of Billing and AR related policies, procedures and control deliverables in accordance with UniFirst internal business and financial controls as well as Internal and External Audit requirements.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative Service and Support model, with a Service Excellence mindset, with UniFirst customers, location representatives and account executives that exceed financial service KPI (Key Performance Indicator) targets while ensuring the thorough and timely research and resolution of financial service requests.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of Billing and AR related fiscal month end, quarter end and year end deliverables in accordance with fiscal close requirement(s).
- Propose and lead Billing & AR related continuous improvement initiatives or projects as requested by Financial Operations or UniFirst Senior management that drive Billing & AR process improvement, solution enhancement and workforce efficiency while effectively planning and leading change management within the impacted entity(s).
- Plan, lead and deploy the rollout of Billing & AR Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that measure progress towards achieving Best Practice driven results.
- Partner with Financial Systems and Business Analysis, FP&A and other groups as required in the identification and implementation of automated billing and AR solutions that complement UniFirst’s Billing System (UBS) investment.
- Working with Financial Systems & IT Project implementation team(s), ensure the timely & successful completion of all Billing & AR deliverables for the UniFirst Billing System (UBS) project, including per location deployments in accordance with project rollout schedule.
- Drive ongoing transformation of UniFirst’s centralized Credit & Collections processes and team that ensures best practice focused AR profile & DSO results while utilizing a formalized, integrated receivable through collections process.
- Drive the Billing & AR group hiring process that ensures staffing quality and levels in accordance with Financial Operations service, budget and resource requirement(s).
- Ensure the timely and thorough review and completion of employee annual goals and objectives profiles, annual performance assessments as well as performance improvement processes as required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive Billing & AR experience within high volume, service- oriented settings, including 5-7 years in Supervisor or Manager roles with proven ability to oversee headcounts of up to 50 people.
- Experience in large Billing & AR system implementations.
- Experience with Oracle, Peoplesoft or SAP preferred, strong Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint skills required.
- Strong accounting, analytical skills and overall system literacy skills.
- Experience with implementation and management of automated billing solutions including Third Party Billing platforms, electronic invoicing solutions and EDI technology.
- Outstanding effective communication skills (verbal, written & listening) including the ability to interact with senior management, customers, team partners or vendor representatives.
- Experience with cross functional communication and presentation, including Senior Management and Executive Team members
- Outstanding Customer Service skills while demonstrating the ability to effectively negotiate proposals and influence decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferable
401k with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a nearly 2-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Reliability Support Engineer- UniFirst South Carolina, United States, Tennessee, United States, Virginia, United States, North Carolina, United States, Alabama, United States
- National Account Executive Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, Texas, United States, Colorado, United States, California, United States, Arizona, United States