Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
This internship provides you with exposure to a variety of safety related projects as well as experience of how safety is managed on a corporate level.
A short portion of your internship will be spent in the field familiarizing yourself on the processes carried out in our industrial laundry plants.
You will finish this internship with notable examples of how general industry regulations are applied to a specific industry.
Intern responsibilities will include much of the following:
• Aid project and department management personnel to ensure compliance with all safety, accident and fire programs, procedures and policies
• Work with supervision and engineers to develop and review Job Hazard Analyses
• Work alongside Safety Engineer and field supervision to identify and develop corrective actions for hazardous work conditions or unsafe employee actions
• Assist Safety Engineer and supervision in safety audits
• Participate in new hire orientation process
• Prepare safety toolbox talks
• Prepare and develop safety training topics when required
• Inventory safety supplies and materials as needed
• Support published corporate policies
Perform additional assignments per management’s direction
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
- 401K with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 30% Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program
- Strong ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Access to automobile
- Junior or Senior enrolled in 4-year degree in Safety, Safety Management or similar field.
- Preferred but not required:
- OSHA 10 or 30 Hour General Industry Training
- Some experience relating to 29 CFR 1910 (OSHA General Industry)
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws