Product Owner - .Net & Business Productivity Applications - UniFirst
UniFirst Corporation is seeking to add a full time Product Owner in our IT Department. The .NET & Business Productivity Applications Product Owner will act as the Scrum product owner for several products, including .NET web/mobile applications, workflow systems, and customer support applications. The position is responsible for ensuring our development efforts align with our strategic initiatives and roadmap. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and prioritizing product backlogs, developing and refining product specifications, creating user stories, and assisting the PMO team providing pre-release communications and support to internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have experience working with agile development teams in a fast-paced environment, and willing to take on various roles throughout the SDLC process to make sure we deliver great software. This position requires working efficiently on multiple overlapping initiatives.
- Work closely with business owner(s) and other Stakeholders to define the Product Vision, Roadmap and Release Plan and present to management and executives as necessary.
- Work closely with stakeholders to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value
- Work closely with Developers and Business Analysts to translate high-level requirements into value-added User Stories containing detailed acceptance criteria, mock-ups and wireframes as needed and review their implementation.
- Be the subject matter expert for your products’ capabilities now and in the future; inform stakeholders through email, meetings, conference calls and Sprint Reviews.
- Provide input to stakeholders as part of defining minimal viable product
- Work with the Scrum Master to mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Present functional requirements and proposed solutions internally and externally
- Support the successful delivery of enhancements throughout the product lifecycle by providing subject matter expertise.
- Serve as "voice of the customer" with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customer's perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst with knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degrees in Business Administration, Computer Science, Math, or any related field from an accredited institution with a technology focus.
- CSPO preferred
- Preferred experience in Microsoft Productivity Tools (Flow, PowerApps, Power BI, SharePoint)
- Preferred experience with Low-code development platforms (Mendix, OutSystems, etc)
- Preferred experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) Software (Cherwell, Zendesk, etc)
- Experience working within a geographically-distributed agile development environment a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision (self-starter) and to be able to work well with a team for a common goal
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, as well as experience with strategic planning and project planning and implementation
- Ability to think both abstractly and analytically, with an emphasis on problem-solving
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information from a variety of sources, often requiring research skills and creativity
- Proficient skills in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Visio). Ability to work calmly and constructively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to upper managements’ directions accurately.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- Capable of writing simple SQL queries a plus.
- 10% of travel required
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws