Procurement Supervisor - UniFirst
The Procurement Supervisor will own and be responsible for the team, along with the management, maintenance & protection of UniFirst’s master vendor data, ensuring the creation or modification of new or existing vendors are completed timely and in compliance with policy & audit controls. This position will also be an integral part of the development & execution of a structured and standardized procurement process for UniFirst’s indirect spend vendors.
- Work with the Corporate Accounts Payable team and location administrators in a multi-faceted and dynamic work environment, managing workflow to insure vendors are set up or modified timely, accurately, and in compliance with policy.
- Review daily vendor activity reports to verify compliance and mitigate potential fraud.
- Participate, contribute and, or lead process reform, executing changes in procedure, process and operations to improve controls and maximize efficiencies
- Drive and be an integral part of developing, communicating & executing process and policy in conjunction with the implementation of an integrated P2P solution.
- Build solid relationships across all business units and various levels of management, providing and garnering cooperation and positive interaction with co-workers
- Develop, analyze, provide and utilize vendor data to enable UniFirst to support existing vendors, establish new and negotiate improved pricing and terms.
- Direct sourcing process for indirect spend
- Back Up vendor management specialist(s) and jump in where necessary, including the set up of new vendors, obtaining W9’s, W8’s & verifying ACH bank details
- Supervise, mentor, communicate, develop, train, and provide guidance and direction to on site AP & Procurement team partners
- Develop, evaluate and provide regular & routine feedback to team members regarding performance, service levels and KPI’s
- Communicate and escalate issues of non-compliance or concern to management
- Back Up and provide necessary support during the completion of the annual 1099MISC reporting process
- Readiness to go the extra mile to avoid mistakes and produce new opportunities
- Conversant with internal control procedures and concepts
- Ability to adjust to diverse ideas, impressions or schemes from individuals or changing preferences
- Additional responsibilities to be determined as needed
- 5-10 years of previous Accounts Payable or Procurement experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a vendor master
- 3-5 years of previous supervisory experience, with a minimum of 1 direct report
- Knowledge & experience with 1099 & 1042S processes
- Knowledge & experience with W9 and W8 forms
- Knowledge of OFAC helpful
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Accounts Payable preferred
- Experience with OCR and or Scanning Technology a plus
- Proficient with MC Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Time management and workload efficiency skills
- Previous P2P experience required
- Ability to delegate duties, tasks, and reports
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal & written, with internal & external customers
- Previous knowledge & experience developing RFPs
- Previous experience reengineering, redefining & documenting processes & procedures
- Previous experience with the development & implementation of KPI’s useful
- Previous Project Management experience also helpful
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Persistence with finishing projects and assignments in spite of hindrances
- A positive attitude
- Develop and work as one of the team
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws