Marketing Content Creator/ Copywriter - UniFirst
The Marketing Content Creator/Copywriter researches, crafts, and edits content for wide-ranging corporate communications via print, digital, and other platforms. This role requires expert wordsmithing/editing and storytelling to showcase the company’s products and services in an accurate and compelling way. The Marketing Content Creator/Copywriter should also be an expert in proper grammar, knowledgeable in AP style, maintain keen attention to detail, and be a team player who can provide and receive constructive feedback. Experience with content marketing writing and online writing/digital publishing is a big plus.
- Research, write, edit, and final proof compelling marketing content that helps promote our company brand, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, content for catalogs (online and print), blogs about industry-related topics, press releases, social media posts, brochures, sales sheets, advertisements (digital and print), corporate websites, as well as promoting this content on social media and other channels.
- Craft well-structured drafts using digital word processing and publishing platforms and produce polished, finished content.
- Research and become an expert about our and other industry-related topics that resonate with our customers, prospects, and staff, and recommend content topics the company should pursue.
- Interview internal “experts,” outside industry professionals, and customers to incorporate knowledgeable views in various corporate communications, including blog posts.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) and keyword knowledge and best practices to optimize company content without compromising grammar and readability.
- Develop content for marketing communications projects and assist with various copywriting, editing, and proofing duties as needed, ensuring that all written content is accurate, both grammatically and factually, and is consistent with the company “voice.”
- Work with graphic design team and others to help illustrate content as needed (e.g. photos for social media, press releases, brochures, etc.).
- Promote content on social channels and monitor engagement (e.g. comments and shares).
- Provide marketing support and assistance for UniFirst’s web presence, facilitating accurate and proper company representation on corporate public websites, internal intranet, social media, and other online arenas.
- Assist Corporate Content and PR Supervisor and Director of Marketing and Communications, as directed, to support the development of additional corporate-wide marketing and communications content.
- Proven high skill levels and work experience in copywriting, fact finding, research, output accuracy, organizational skills, and the ability to meet defined deadlines.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to fact-check long-form content pieces.
- Portfolio of published works.
- Solid business understanding and ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills, along with the creativity and resourcefulness to work independently and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously and accurately.
- Computer skills and software knowledge in Microsoft Office and Internet applications.
- Website development and internet/social media marketing experience are plusses.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Marketing, or relevant field is required.
- Candidate must be able to provide samples of related work (portfolio or links to published articles).
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws