IT Project Manager - UniFirst
UniFirst is an industry leader in the garment service industry, and we’re committed to staying on the cutting edge of technologies and innovation. We also recognize that our continued success depends on the skill, creativity, and initiative of our diverse employee Team Partners.
Job Summary -
The IT Project Manager is a proven multi-tasker with the ability to manage projects and deliverables of varying degree for a large company. The IT Project Manager is an exceptionally organize, detail-oriented, collaborative, resourceful, and enthusiastic Team Partner who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. He/she is responsible for adapting methodologies that best suit the Program's needs and managing the delivery plan, tracking real-time execution, managing team backlog and ensuring delivery cadence.
Job Detail -
- Work closely with Delivery Team Managers and engage in effective planning of Backlog, grooming, and prioritizing based on Definition of Done, Tracking Execution, Estimating, and tracking Team capacity
- Create Planning, Progress, and Closure Reports on a cadence and report out to Stakeholders with Key Performance Indicators
- Build and maintain strong working partnerships with Business Owners, Product Owners, Development Teams, and Project Stakeholders
- Collaborate with and support projects involving other departments such, but not limited to, Training, Implementation, IT and Service, as well as other divisions of UniFirst Corp.
- Successfully manage all projects from concept to completion, while keeping Schedule, Quality, and Budget atop
- Understand all project goals and identify resources and tools best suited to accomplish defined objectives prior to project launches
- Prepare and monitor schedules, team capacity, and plans, while managing appropriate resources for all assigned projects
- Develop, maintain, and update comprehensive milestone-based project and timeline files, as well as support documentation such as schedules/calendars, sprints (if applicable), instructions, charts, logging, and tracking, etc as appropriate based on project
- Communicate with staff and stakeholders and hold meetings, as required, to drive efficient project development that meets with departmental and executive goals
- Become an expert on the company, products/services, customer base, industry, and competitors in order to effectively oversee related projects and add value to the process
- 1-3 years of related project management experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering, Management, Computer Science or related discipline, is required.
- Project Management education or certification a plus
- Agile Certification (SCRUM, APM) is a big plus
- Strong verbal & written communication skills required; able to organize and present information in a clear and precise manner to Management Stakeholders
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple complex tasks
- Experience managing processes, resources, and schedules with a strong sense of urgency and ability to problem-solve
- High organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skill levels within a fast-paced, change-friendly work environment
- Experience in fact finding/research, delivery output accuracy, and collaboratively working with others to accomplish goals and meet defined deadlines
- Outstanding attention to detail, adaptability, and documentation skills
- Effective relationship builder to establish credibility and form business partnerships internally and externally
- Reporting Knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Project, Smart sheet and/or Similar PPM Tools
UniFirst offer a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
- 401k with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 30% Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program
...and many more!
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws