Remote Splunk Administrator
- Work with a team to deliver Splunk, ITSI, and Splunk On-Call requests
- Interface with internal customers
- Infrastructure teams (Storage, hardware, server, network, etc), Application teams, and NOC Operations team
- Splunk monitoring and platform assistance - including alerting and reporting
- Maintain the Splunk ITSI platform.
- Drive performance improvements, maintain patch levels, and perform platform upgrades.
- Setting up Splunk Forwarding for new application tiers introduced into the environment
- Implement Splunk service and app monitoring for new applications, devices, and platform components as they are added to the system.
- Identify and handle data discrepancy problems within the Splunk monitoring system.
- This would include review and reporting on capacity constraints, inconsistent data ingestion, inconsistent monitoring data and data size limit evaluations, and working with other teams to identify/fix their data discrepancy problems.
- Provide Granular, Role-based Security.
- Report generation and customization.
- 2+ years of experience with Splunk and Splunk ITSI on a large enterprise level
- Experience in design, implementation, and support of Splunk (Indexers, Forwarders, Search-Heads Setup etc)
- Strong ability to create searches, dashboards, and services with KPIs and entities in both Splunk Core and Splunk ITSI
- Ability to create operations documentation for maintaining the Splunk infrastructure
- Experience in Splunk Enterprise Security
- Experience with Linux and Windows agents for Splunk administration
- 5+ years in IT infrastructure, networking, architecture, and/or administration
- Good understanding with virtualization technologies (Hypervisor, VMware, etc)
- Splunk training and/or certifications
- Proficiency in scripting
- Experience with network/system monitoring tools: Nagios, SolarWinds, etc.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- BA in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Reliability Support Engineer- UniFirst South Carolina, United States, Tennessee, United States, Virginia, United States, North Carolina, United States, Alabama, United States
- National Account Executive Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, Texas, United States, Colorado, United States, California, United States, Arizona, United States