Internal Auditor I
The Internal Auditor will assist the internal audit department in planning, execution, and reporting of internal control (SOX), financial, and operational audits of various activities within the company. This consists of testing key controls, executing financial and operational audits, analyzing data to form reasonable conclusions, and preparing audit reports.
- Assist in achieving full and continued compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”) including participating in scoping, planning, walkthroughs, testing, status reporting, and communicating with external auditors
- Supports the internal audit group by participating in a wide variety of financial and operational internal audits and other special projects as assigned. Gathers and analyzes data through a variety of methods including interviews, financial research, etc.
- Assist in developing and presenting findings and recommendations based on audit work performed to improve internal controls and other financial and operational processes
- Prepare detailed work papers for each project assigned
- Analyze data obtained for evidence
- Assists in drafting Internal Audit reports identifying the scope, issues identified, recommendations and management action plans
- Interacts and communicates with business process owners and upper-level management as needed during internal audit activities. Learn and apply Internal Audit’s established policies, procedures and work paper standards
- Manage time effectively and efficiently to ensure assigned work is completed within established time frames
- Develop and maintain technical audit skills through performing research and attending industry relevant training courses
- Participate in other internal audit projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration required
- Entry-level to 2 years of audit or industry accounting experience
- Willingness to obtain CIA, CPA, or other industry certification after hire
- Ability to work and interact well with people at all levels of the organization
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic skills and inquisitive personality
- Ability to resolve problems/conflicts in tactful manner
- Ability to work effectively on integrated teams
- Attentive to detail and good self-review techniques
- Strong organizational skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines on multiple deliverables with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft applications. Experience with various ERP systems and cloud-based internal audit tools a plus.
- Able to lift approximately 20 to 40 pounds
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Major Account Consultant - UniFirst Baltimore, Maryland, United States, Landover, Maryland, United States
- Reliability Support Engineer- UniFirst South Carolina, United States, Tennessee, United States, Virginia, United States, North Carolina, United States, Alabama, United States