Head of Procurement
- Supplier management: The process of selection of suppliers, segmentation of supply base, contract negotiation and compliance, metrics management, conflict resolution, and supplier performance management.
- Proactive supplier risk mitigation and visibility: Ensuring business continuity planning, governance and management for all types of supplier risk (including geographical, financial, performance related, financial, geopolitical and corporate social responsibility/regulatory compliance risks).
- Business value: Provide supplier oversight to ensure business value (e.g., cost, service, quality and reduced risk) and open communication on production improvement and new product introduction on all direct and indirect goods and services for continuous improvement.
- Talent and development: Ensure ongoing focus on developing the talent of the sourcing and procurement organization to manage the changing role of sourcing and procurement staff. This includes relationship management, conflict resolution, internal stakeholder needs, value creation with suppliers, innovation and agility in a fast-moving business environment.
- Provide strong and visible leadership. The Head of Procurement will need to quickly establish authority within the sourcing and procurement organization and influence other functions within the organization, such as quality, finance, product design/development and legal.
- Use strategic thinking to shape the plan and gain buy-in from the sourcing and procurement organization and other stakeholder functions.
- Enlist strong process and project management skills/ability to manage change.
- Employ strong people skills — an ability to envision, energize and enable the sourcing and procurement organization and other functions, and, where necessary, lead performance management decisions.
- Have an ability to work cross-functionally across organization boundaries and lead the shift from an inside-out culture to an outside-in, customer-centric organization
- Implement talent development and staffing and succession routines.
- Drive an aligned, focused culture through clear performance targets and regular one-on-ones focusing on culture, mindset, negotiation process, stakeholder alignment and supplier development/conflict resolution.
- Promote a clear employee engagement strategy.
- Lead the process of sourcing and procurement strategy development and deployment (three-year vision/annual refreshing of plans).
- Implement rigorous daily management routines across the organization, and hold people accountable to deliver. Implement diligent root cause identification of issues and clear actions to correct.
- Ensure governance oversight for supplier metrics and performance management. Drive the development of sourcing and procurement system improvements (working with IT as needed), processes and resources to reduce cycle times through increased automation.
- Own the supply agenda. Establish strong personal relationships with supply chain leaders in key suppliers for cost optimization, innovation and proactive risk mitigation.
- Ensure that joint value creation activities with key suppliers are captured and commercialized.
- Influence the industry agenda; get involved in industry groups to shape initiatives.
- Define and deliver service-level agreements with supplier.
- Define balanced scorecard for quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Work with suppliers to define and implement the right proactive risk mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate with quality, engineering and key suppliers to ensure the successful launch of new products and continuous improvement on production goods, as well as the phasing out of existing production goods at end of life.
- Drive robust supplier and product data governance and regular audits supported by data management systems.
- Ensure data synchronization with suppliers using industry best practices and standards, where relevant.
- At least 10 years in the Purchasing/Procurement field, with strong commercial exposure and understanding.
- Experience working directly with suppliers, understanding trade-offs for total cost to serve of supplier and commercial needs, and collaborating with them to create a mutually beneficial joint business plan.
- Provided operational leadership with direct (indirect, if applicable) reports in sourcing and procurement.
- Hands-on experience working with multiple partners to resolve exceptions and negotiate best alternatives:
- Experience working within supply chain functions with proven leadership capability.
- Hands-on experience with modeling, analysis and simulation tools.
- Proficiency using PC-based applications (such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or Access).
- Hands-on information gathering, analysis and management reporting.
- Has successfully worked in a team-based environment.
- Procure-to-Pay implementation
- Change Management/transformation
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 10 years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement, B2B a plus
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination law.
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.