Financial Reporting Supervisor
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- 30% Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program
The Financial Reporting Supervisor will be responsible for a range of duties related to the Company’s financial reporting function, for both internal and external reporting including the preparation of the 10-Qs and 10-K for our SEC filings. The Financial Reporting Supervisor is also expected to gain knowledge of the Company’s accounting policies, processes, and controls, and to build relationships with the accounting team as well as other departments as a “go-to person” for questions and guidance.
- Review financial statements, related schedules, and variance analysis for the quarterly and annual financial reporting package
- Attend and participate in quarterly and annual financial review meetings with management
- Draft and review quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K filings; review all footnotes and schedules, update/write relevant disclosures, and coordinate draft comments
- Assist with maintaining the SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence
- Tie-out support binders for each filing
- Assist the finance team with debt compliance filings, press releases, and board presentations
- Coordinate with independent auditors to facilitate quarterly reviews and the annual audit and to ensure timely delivery of information and completion of work
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries, primarily related to accruals and subsidiary reporting
- Maintain current understanding of US GAAP and SEC guidelines; research technical accounting issues, reach conclusions regarding accounting and disclosure, and present findings
- Assist with maintaining reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Assist with accounting and administration of the Company's share-based awards
- Prepare the accounting for all unique/ one-time transactions
- Handle special projects, as necessary
- 3+ years in public accounting or 4+ years of industry experience
- Broad exposure to financial reporting, SEC filings and the external audit process and ability to perform research on accounting matters
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong written and verbals communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus
- Knowledge of ActiveDisclosure by Donnelley Financial Solutions a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills; must possess ability to multi-task
- The candidate should have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.