Environmental Compliance Manager
This Environmental Compliance Manager will be involved at the corporate office in management of environmental compliance at UniFirst locations across the United States and Canada. UniFirst’s laundry operations have, as applicable, wastewater discharge permits, air emissions permits, and other environmental compliance requirements as may be required by local, state or federal laws. Additionally, this role will lead and manage UniFirst’s sustainability efforts. Including social and environment practices, activities as well as develop innovative programs, share knowledge and contribute to the evolution of sustainability initiatives.
- Direct and manage existing environmental compliance processes through qualified Team Partners and consultants
- Develops, maintains and executes corporate environmental strategy to maintain compliance, drive risk reduction and enable environmental sustainability opportunities
- Engages the organization in resource reduction. Promotes sustainability achievements at UniFirst locations
- Create and present training on existing and new initiatives to a wide audience, from senior management to laundry team partners
- Develop baseline metrics, key performance indicators, and financial analysis of sustainability progress
- Work as a liaison between UniFirst and Local, State, and Federal agencies
- Provide expert assistance in the event of agency visits
- Ensure the on-time filing of accurate reports to agencies
- Work in conjunction with other corporate offices and provide the environmental compliance perspective relative to upgrading and changing system and processes
- Demonstrate and assist with good environmental practices at locations
- Investigate and evaluate new products, processes, software, that can improve environmental compliance in UniFirst locations
- Perform compliance audits in conjunction with local managers and provide input for corrective actions
- Review and evaluate potential environmental liabilities at targeted acquisition businesses
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college required, emphasis on environmental engineering topics (water, wastewater, remediation)
- Minimum 5 years of managing environmental compliance in wastewater, air emissions and/or environmental remediation
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with management, outside consultants and governmental entities
- Professional and helpful attitude
- Willingness to collaborate with others and problem-solve
- Track record of leading cross functional and virtual teams in complex environments
- Ability to manage multiple projects and maintain reasonable deadlines
- Travel up to 20%
- Clean driving record
- Ability to obtain passport for Canadian travel
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.