Director, Talent Management - UniFirst
- Build and establish strategies, goals, programs, and overall road map for all Talent Management Teams including new teams: Performance Management & Succession Planning; Workforce Planning & Organizational Design; Engagement; Onboarding; and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Collaborate with business owners and peers to ensure Talent Management strategies align with organizational objectives.
- Champion departmental initiatives including leadership development and mentoring programs, talent related approaches, assessment and development practices.
- Lead efforts to establish, track, and drive talent analytics and metrics.
- 7-10+ years of experience in human resources; 5+ years HR leadership experience, preferably within Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and/or Performance Management.
- HR experience within a large company / complex organizational structure.
- Knowledge of competency models, assessment tools and succession planning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 including use of TEAMS, OneNote, and SharePoint.
- Strong understanding of Learning & Performance Management Systems, Candidate Relationship Management platforms, and Applicant Tracking Systems (Taleo preferred).
- Prior experience creating and implementing talent management solutions; driving analytics and metrics; experience overseeing and negotiating terms with talent related vendors.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (future obligation with consideration of external factors).
- Keen business acumen, strategic planning, and execution abilities
- Essential organizational and prioritization skills
- Passionate about talent management, leadership, development, and inclusivity
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and facilitations skills
- Adaptability in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate and build productive partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Emphasis on culture, taking care of our Team Partners, customers, and community
- Leading with integrity, inclusion, and respect
- Servant Leadership – supporting, guiding, and empowering one’s team
- Being a champion of the customer first mentality
- Foster strong interdepartmental cooperation
- Bachelor's Degree required - concentration in Human Resources, Learning/Organizational Development or a related discipline preferred; Master's Degree preferred
- SPHR/PHR or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP a plus
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a nearly 2-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 13,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.