Communications/PR Supervisor - UniFirst
- Oversee UniFirst’s content marketing and PR initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice.
- Supervise direct reports (content creators/copywriters/interns) in their efforts to research, write, review, edit, and final proof compelling marketing content that helps promote our company brand, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, content for catalogs (online and print), blogs about industry-related topics, press releases, social media posts, brochures, sales sheets, advertisements (digital and print), corporate websites, as well as overseeing the promotion of all content on social media and other channels.
- Develop a cohesive content strategy for company website, social media, and other digital resources, keeping the content fresh and current at all times.
- Craft well-structured drafts using digital word processing and publishing platforms and produce polished, finished content.
- Research and become an expert about our and other industry-related topics that resonate with our customers, prospects, and staff, and recommend content topics the company should pursue.
- Collaborate with internal “experts,” outside industry professionals, and customers, while using marketplace insights, to recommend and produce relevant content topics that meets the needs of both internal and external audiences.
- Work with cross-functional teammates (digital/creative) to create novel and original work in a variety of mediums for a variety of audiences; both online and print.
- Brainstorm ideas, develop concepts, produce brand-specific messaging for print and digital deliverables that resonate with our customers, prospects, and staff.
- Manage corporate press release programs, media relations, and collateral materials (digital and print) to increase business and industry awareness of UniFirst and its services. Research topics, write copy for releases, and coordinate the efficient and effective distribution in printed and electronic formats as required. Measurably increase print media exposure to achieve higher “front-of-mind” levels in the marketplace. Example media programs include:
- Cision/PR Newswire Release Program
- UniFirst Industry Trades Release Program
- Custom Release Program - work with field locations and corporate staff to create "one off" press releases on UniFirst news (local or national) as needed
- Becoming the "voice of UniFirst public relations/publicity on a corporate and local level, utilizing various print media as required:
- Build relationships with key trade media editors to increase likelihood of exposure
- Act as liaison with local reporters preparing features on UniFirst on UniFirst and/or UniFirst locations
- "Create" newsworthy content and materials to pique editor interest
- Manage responses to messages, comments, and mentions on all platforms, as well as managing media inquiries and interview requests.
- Act as liaison between UniFirst marketing department and locations regarding local press relations and locally budgeted advertising opportunities.
- Supervise research efforts and copywriting, editing, and proofing duties as needed for other marketing communications projects.
- Assist Director of Marketing and Communications, as directed, in meeting additional corporate-wide marketing support requirements.
- Proven high skill levels and work experience in supervising a team, copywriting, fact finding, research, output accuracy, organizational skills, and the ability to meet defined deadlines.
- Superb writing and editing skills with work experience in AP-style writing.Website development and internet marketing experience are pluses.
- Solid business understanding, plus computer skills and software knowledge in Microsoft Office and Internet applications.
- Excellent verbal communications and interpersonal skills, along with the creativity and resourcefulness to work independently and supervise multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously and accurately.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations, is required.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
- 401K with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Vacation
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 30% Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.