Cash Applications & AR Services Administrator - UniFirst
The Cash Applications and AR Services Administrator serves as an integral member of a quality and service driven Financial Operations team whose focus ensures the timely and accurate processing of Cash Application related tasks and driving research and resolution to customer Accounts Receivable inquiries. This position requires an individual who possesses cash application and AR skills and experience within financial support models focused on high quality, accurate completion of tasks and delivered with a Service Excellence focused approach.
- Ensure accurate and timely application of customer payments while maintaining an up to date Accounts Receivable profile that includes approximately 160,000 active customers
- Manage checks or wire payments in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Interact directly with Treasury and as required, various depository banks to resolve potential errors and technical issues that can impact customer accounts.
- Facilitate and maintain a collaborative, service focused relationship with the Call Center operational team, location representatives, and customers while ensuring the thorough and timely research and resolution of financial questions or issues pertaining to customer accounts.
- Provide excellent customer service via conducting, where necessary, detailed transactional research, obtain resolution and effectively communicate and close the loop with team partners or customers in a timely manner.
- Work on continuous improvement initiatives that require cross functional interaction with Corporate Treasury, Accounting, National Accounts and the Corporate Service teams in support of the completion of required deliverables.
- Support Manager or Team Lead in the coordination of reconciliation or other accounting related tasks.
- Perform payment application related additional tasks as requested by Manager or Team Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience including exposure to accounting, preferably within high volume settings
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Outstanding communication (verbal, written & listening) skills, including the ability to interact with customers, team partners or vendor representatives
- Outstanding Customer Service skills, including the ability to effectively research and resolve customer account inquiries utilizing a service excellence mindset
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.