Accounting Supervisor - UniFirst
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+!
•RRSP with Company Match
•Employee Assistance Program
•Supplemental Life Insurance
•Long Term Disability
•Direct Payroll Deposit
•30% Employee Discount
•Employee Referral Program
- The accounting Supervisor position will be responsible for a wide range of general accounting duties related to the Company's fiscal month end closing.
- Assist in the preparation and review of information related to the monthly closing process, monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, including preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and schedules
- Perform monthly and quarterly reconciliations for assigned accounts; research and analyze findings; document/demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the balance as well as the fluctuation changes
- Analyze Company financials for completeness, reasonableness, and fluctuation explanations
- Supervise and work closely with Staff Accountants on day to day accounting functions
- Research and respond to information requests from various Corporate departments and personnel
- Effectively communicate with and support field locations to address accounting issues or provide information as requested
- Interact with independent external auditors regarding quarterly reviews and the annual financial audit to ensure timely delivery of information and completion of work
- Assist the Internal Audit department with Sarbanes-Oxley annual evaluation and testing
- Complete other Ad-Hoc requests, Corporate initiatives and projects as requested by Management
- 4+ years of industry experience or 2-3 years in public accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, PeopleSoft skills a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy of work
- Ability to work independently, must possess ability to multitask
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting