Accountant, Asset Management - UniFirst
This Asset Management Senior Accountant position will be responsible for a range of duties related to the Company’s Capital Asset processes. This position works closely with other groups within the Company such as Engineering, IT, Accounts Payable, Tax and Audit as well as Company facilities located throughout the US and Canada.
- Analyze and review capital invoice payments as well as ensure timely capitalization of projects.
- Ensure that the accounting for the Company’s capital assets is consistent with US GAAP as well as the Company policy.
- Reconcile and analyze accounts from the Asset Management subsidiary ledger to the General Ledger.
- Analyze and review vendor invoices to be vouchered for payment.
- Prepare and process journal entries required for month-end accounting close ensuring compliance with Corporate Accounting policies.
- Research and respond to information requests from various Corporate departments as well as internal and external auditors.
- Effectively communicate and support field locations to address capital questions and issues or provide information as requested.
- Provide support for monthly and quarterly close process.
- Complete other Ad Hoc requests, Corporate initiatives and projects as requested by Management.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, must possess ability to multi-task
- Experience in PeopleSoft, Oracle, or SAP preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a nearly 2-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Major Account Consultant - St. Louis, MO Kansas City, Missouri, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Major Account Consultant - UniFirst Baltimore, Maryland, United States, Landover, Maryland, United States
- Reliability Support Engineer- UniFirst South Carolina, United States, Tennessee, United States, Virginia, United States, North Carolina, United States, Alabama, United States