2nd Shift Computer Operator - UniFirst
Responsible for all aspects of the operation of the IBM I-Series including Job Monitoring, ASP usage, Printing, disk utilization, Backups, Restores and Operator Messages. Further responsibilities will include monitoring of the I-Tera High Availability software and monitoring of Enterprise job scheduling application. Some Application and End-User Support. Maintain and update documentation for all Operations processes and procedures.
- Maintain all IBM Power (AS400) servers to company specifications.
- Run daily, weekly and monthly I-Series Jobs.
- Monitor I-Series print queues
- Monitor I-Tera High Availability software.
- Monitor Atomic (UC4) Enterprise job scheduler
- Monitor enterprise systems for possible issues
- Maintain and update documentations for Operations Procedures
- Work on Projects as assigned
- 1+ years supporting IBM AS/400’s
- Must be flexible to work 1st,2nd or 3rd to fill in when requested.
- Basic AS400 Query knowledge
- Peoplesoft Knowledge a plus
- Windows Knowledge a plus
- Automic (UC4) knowledge a plus
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to independently research and learn new technologies
The Computer Operator needs to be a self-motivated problem solver willing to work in a team environment. Meeting daily schedules for the company is an essential part of this position.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws