Project Engineer Stockroom - UniFirst
Project Engineer Stockroom:
The Project Engineer position will be a 100% remote opportunity that reports out of our Corporate Headquarters in Wilmington, MA. This does not require the candidate to live in MA, as we are open to finding the right fit nationwide!
This position will be responsible for the installation of Stockroom Systems as per given design. This role will also assist in pre-installation planning; verifying “As-Built” drawings and design compatibility. This position will handle all personnel and material logistics necessary to complete the project. The Project Engineer represents the Budgets/Stockroom Department and is the first line of communication with the plant management, Our Customer. This position will report directly to the Corporate Stockroom Group in the Budget Department.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
1. Project Planning
- Perform pre-installation site visits to ensure compatibility of equipment designs with current configurations.
- Produce site visit reports, project material listings, purchase orders, shipping documents, invoice processes, installation schedules, and any other required documentation.
- Maintain safe working environment during installation for both Contractors and Plant Employees.
- Install systems that comply with all applicable Local and National Safety Codes.
- Train and promote safety in the proper use and maintenance of installed systems.
- Effectively schedule and utilize inside/outside contractors to complete project.
- Coordinate resources based on UniFirst Cooperation priorities.
- Aggressively manage project costs, without sacrificing system safety or operational effectiveness. \
- Communicate daily and weekly expectations to contractors.
- Provide accurate prints and installation details to contractors and assigned UniFirst personnel.
- Reduce downtime by making sure all necessary parts and equipment are on hand.
- Provide critical decision making to resolve design and installation conflicts.
Plan phases of installation and schedule work crews to minimize plant disruption.
Communicate expectations to plant management.
Work with and train plant personnel to reduce problems during installations.
5.Continual Improvement (Process and Equipment)
- Follow-up each project by critiquing all phases of system installations and implementation; suggest improvements.
- To improve profitability by minimizing direct and indirect labor.
- To improve the ultimate package provided to the UniFirst Customer.
- Hold Mechanical/Technical degree, certification or equal "on the Job" experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the Industrial Converyor/Material Handling Field.
- Experience with AutoCAD to develop detailed mechanical layouts/diagrams for conveyors, sorters, and storage equipment.
- Experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, MS Project.
- Must be a team player. He/She will be part of an overall process where interaction with other employees is essential. The candidate must enjoy having a fluid interchange of ideas and recommendations from both Engineering and Plant Management.
- Strong training and presentation skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, leadership, Integrity and Communication skills.
- Must have the ability to make decisions in time-sensitive situations.
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 100%, directly managing project.
- Work a 10 day ON-4 day OFF schedule when necessary to manage project installation.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· 401K with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
UniFirst Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M-F-Disability-Vet