Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
Since 1936, UniFirst has been an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products. Today, UniFirst is one of the largest and fastest growing companies in the multi-billion dollar garment services industry. In our eighth decade of operations, we currently employ more than 11,000 team partners who serve well over 250,000 customer locations in 45 states, Canada and Europe from over 220 manufacturing & distribution facilities. We are rated “One of the 10 Best Sales Organizations” to work for by Selling Power Magazine, on the Forbes Magazine “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list and named a “Top 100 Performing Company” by the Boston Globe.
We recognize that our continued success depends on the skill, creativity, and initiative of everyone on our team. That's why we are always seeking bright, talented, self-motivated individuals who are looking for a rewarding career with a growing company.
We are seeking a sales and service minded, outgoing individual to become part of the UniFirst National Accounts team as a Major Account Executive.
- Relationship Management with the primary key points-of-contact between UniFirst, its partner National Account Corporate contact(s), the individual National Account customer sites and the respective UniFirst service location to ensure customer expectations are met in accordance to the terms of the National Account Service Agreement.
- Proactively manage and coordinate all assigned National Account service and management activities and responsibilities throughout the UniFirst service network.
- Manage and meet service expectations to all National Account customer locations in accordance with the terms of the National Account Agreement, provide industry best service, build and maintain lasting and valuable business relationships at the C level, and meet/exceed customer expectations on an ongoing basis.
- Negotiate contract renewals, facilitate contracted price adjustments, and add new items to customer agreement where applicable.
- Prepare and deliver specified customer reports required to effectively execute and manage all assigned accounts and responsibilities.
- Engage in regular account visitation meetings.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Service Management or Sales Management in a service industry.
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Service Industry Experience preferred.
- Experience in contract negotiations with large impact customers at the Executive or “C” decision making level.
- Must possess an autonomous, progressive “take-charge” attitude; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must be able to multi task, understand, recognize, and prioritize work load
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and the Internet
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight approximately 20% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Training: With the most in-depth training platform in the industry, our employee get top quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement.
Career Mobility: You may quickly find yourself on the fast-track to success. We are a rapidly growing company offering significant avenues for personal development and growth, and provide for continuing career progression. You set your own goals and have control of your income as well as your future growth. A UniFirst career can take you as far as you want to go.
Tools and Programs: UniFirst’s many cutting edge sales tools and programs are designed with one purpose in mind – to help you succeed.
Fun Culture: Are you interested in loving your job? Our associates enjoy what they do and have fun doing it. Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
Diversity: At UniFirst, you'll find an environment brimming with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds because we believe it takes many different kinds of people to make us successful.
We offer a competitive base salary, monthly bonus & an industry leading benefits package including: Profit Sharing, Health & Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Disability, Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount.
Candidates are considered for employment with UniFirst Corporation without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.