Production Team Partner - Garment Inspector & Hanger - UniFirst (+Sign-On!)
New Hire Incentive Bonus!
UniFirst’s Taylor, MI location is now offering an incentive bonus for all Production new hires. The following guidelines must be met to be eligible:
- New hire must reach 180 days of employment to receive the full incentive bonus.
- New hire must abide by UniFirst’s 90-Day Probationary Period. This includes meeting UniFirst’s attendance and performance policy.
- New hire must not have been previously employed by UniFirst.
Our Production Team is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst is seeking a reliable and hardworking Production Team Partner to join our UniFirst Family. As a Team Partner in the Pre-Tunnel Inspection Department, you will be working on a team to help ensure quality assurance for our customers by inspecting garments as you process them through our steam tunnel. At UniFirst we have a 5-day work week, enjoy Saturday and Sunday off!! We have an immediate opening and provide on the job training.
On the job training & great hourly pay + 401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
Our Team Partners receive ongoing cross-training, exposing them to different areas of production. Cross training enhances their performance and assists them with their career potential and advancement.
We offer a 40-hour work week. Enjoy weekends off!
Some companies like to promote from within, we love to! Many of our managers started at UniFirst working on the production floor!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
- Count garments
- Hang garments to be processed through the steam tunnel
- Visually inspect all garments for tears, holes, stains, and damage
- Ensure all garments pass the UniFirst 20-point uniform inspection process
- Follow all safety policies, HACCP and medical guidelines.
*Perform other duties as described by area supervisor or management
What we’re looking for:
- High school education and/or GED equivalent preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Ability to stand for 8-hour shift
- Ability to read, write, and communicate clearly with management
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions using American standard units in weight, measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. and push up to 25 lbs.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 2-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.