Assistant Production Manager - UniFirst
This position is Kind of a Big Deal!
Are you an enthusiastic and hardworking team-player? If so, UniFirst would love to speak with you about our Assistant Production Manager role! As an Assistant Production Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring your location’s success through the training of your Team Partners, assuring maintenance and housekeeping of the facility, and by developing improved processes to ensure efficiency. Our Production schedule runs daytime hours Monday through Friday, because in UniFirst culture, we believe nights and weekends should be reserved for personal and family time.
What’s in it for you?
Our Team Partners get quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement.
Some companies like to promote from within, we love to! Many of our General Managers started at UniFirst working on the production floor!
Our family culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds. We believe our diversity makes us who we are, and we strive every day to build a culture where everyone feels welcome.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring that the UniFirst Quality Policy becomes part of the Production Department “Culture” and ISO certification
- Assuring maintenance, repair, and housekeeping of the building and all its equipment.
- Participating in, and supporting the determination, education and implementation of guiding principles to the UniFirst Mission Statement and strategic plan
- Creating a positive atmosphere by treating employees with dignity, respect and soliciting their involvement in problem solving
- Providing safety training regarding OSHA rules and procedures
- Conducting performance appraisals and counseling departmental personnel
- Developing improved processes, systems, and procedures by maximizing efficiency through innovation and creativity.
- Participating in and supporting the determination, education and implementation of Guiding Principles to the UniFirst Mission Statement and strategic plan
- Managing departmental activities regarding safety, health, and environmental issues to ensure that proper consideration is given to corporate policy and federal, state, and local regulations
- Minimizing supply cost by assisting in planned and organized purchasing, inventory control procedures; plus, efficient supply utilization
- Participating in the attainment of divisional growth goals for customer retention, pricing and new customer sales by providing a well-maintained facility which will enhance our reputation
- Meeting budget requirements of the department, including budget preparation and operation of department as a profit center for the company
*Tasks can be subject to change based on Manager’s direction
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate background or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in the laundry industry is preferred
- Must have a safe driving record and meet DOT physical qualifications.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from coworkers, managers, and vendors.
- Ability to lift up 80lbs and carry up to 70lbs
Benefits & Perks
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Payroll Deposit, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 1.5-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 13,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination law.