Shipping Clerk - Green Guard
Location:St Louis, Missouri
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
- Pick orders
- Utilize picking sheets and vehicle inventory adjustment forms to determine bin location, quantity requested and to identify the correct item ordered by the customer.
- Prepare orders for shipment
- Verify all items picked are correct by checking part numbers, product descriptions and quantities against the same information on the picking sheet and/or VIAF. Select appropriate shipping carton and pack in a manner that will eliminate damage during shipment.
- Process orders
- Review order notes to determine parcel carrier and additional handling requirements
- Maintain even product stacks
- Remove all empty boxes, strapping, plastic and any debris
- Sweep your assigned aisle daily
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· 401K with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
- High school diploma or equivalent
- UPS/FedX/Expressworks a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Basic math skills
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Standing /walking on a concrete floor up to four hours at a time, for an eight hour day
- Climbing safety ladders
- Lifting a maximum of 70 lbs from the floor to the waist
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to use a box cutter, tape gun, & pallet jack (fork lift a plus)
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws