Skills & Traits
What makes a successful Outside Sales Representative at UniFirst? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have what it takes.
“In early 2012, I made the decision to join UniFirst as a Sales Representative, because of its industry-leading training, growth opportunities, and family culture. Since then, I have been promoted to Sales Manager, and most recently, to Regional Sales Manager. During my tenure here, all my expectations have been exceeded. Joining the UniFirst Family has been one of the single best decisions in my life.”
Byron M. UniFirst Regional Sales Manager
In the News
5-Star Trip for 2 for top performers
- Competitive base salary, car allowance, and business mileage reimbursement
- Unlimited Commissioned compensation plan on new and organic business
- Aggressive Bonus plan paid monthly after an introductory time period
- Paid Holiday, Sick, and Vacation time off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401K plan with aggressive company match incentives
- The chance to be part of a team with extensive growth and opportunity
- Protecting, growing, building, and maintaining strong business relationships with the key contacts of Specialty Apparel’s current customer base.
- Uncover new opportunities and markets for the unique products and services offered by Specialty Apparel.
- Maintain a prospect database (CRM) to meet company compliance and standards with in a protected territory.
- Create and perform value based presentations designed to close new business.
- Work closely with Sales Management to target, sell and bring aboard new customers.
- Negotiate termed service agreements with prospective new customers.
- Create, present to management, and execute a Territory Sales Plan on an annual basis.
- Attend various association meetings and gatherings to create and maintain the strong networking relationships currently established by Specialty Apparel.
- Meet and exceed established sales quotas and prospecting activities on a weekly basis.
- 2+ years of outside sales experience
- Good knowledge of your territory and a solid sales process for prospecting and gaining new business
- Verifiable record of selling success
- Outside business-to-business sales experience preferred (will train the right candidate)
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and time management skills
- Proficiency with computer, Microsoft Office Suite, internet, and CRM
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation