Human Resources Business Partner - UniFirst
Location:San Antonio, Texas
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management at UniFirst’s National Service Center in San Antonio, TX. This key individual will be a self-driven and versatile HR professional that will leverage the HR shared services teams, programs, and practices to ensure value-added services to management and Team Partners of various functions including, but not limited to Customer Service, Sales Support, Finance, and Talent Acquisition. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the National Service Center’s performance, strategic goals and culture in order to provide strategic recommendations to help the group achieve and maintain operational excellence.
- Coordinates alignment of business objectives with team partners and management in designated business unit(s).
- Consults with management on human resources-related issues and initiatives, suggests new strategies, and provides guidance and support to designated business unit.
- Analyzes trends and develops workforce plans to resolve issues and make a positive impact on business results.
- Acts as a liaison with other human resources functions.
- Develops partnerships across the human resources function to deliver value-added services to management and team partners that reflect the business objectives to the organization.
- Manages the escalation of complex employee relations issues, addresses grievances, and conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team partners in order to reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance managements guidance to line management, including coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions.
- Works with management and team partners to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures and monitors and reports on workforce planning and succession planning.
- Conducts regular meetings with respective business units.
- 5-8 years’ experience in Human Resources
- HR experience in a large company / complex organizational structure
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 is desired; including experience using TEAMS, OneNote, and SharePoint
- Experience with performance management, succession planning, and leadership development highly desired
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Digital literacy
- Comfortable adapting to change in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and take ownership of projects
- Ability to build productive relationships and partner with all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (please note, this will be a future obligation with consideration of external factors)
- Self-driven to work autonomously
- Versatile experience in various HR competencies, with ability to work with limited guidance at times
- Bachelor's Degree required
- PHR or SHRM-CP a plus
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.