Construction Engineer - UniFirst
Location:San Antonio, Texas
Provide the buildings, equipment and tools necessary for a location to be successful. Supports plant operations by identifying and solving operational issues. Work with location managers to fine-tune plant operations. Oversee upgrades and repairs to property, machinery and coordinate with vendors on various projects.
- Identify operational problems by observing plant operations and the integrity of the building structure and maintenance.
- Improves operational quality by evaluating and recommending design, changes and contribute information for modifications.
- Manages the development, implementation and evaluation of projects including building construction, equipment installations or upgrades to UniFirst facilities.
- Schematic and design drawings of project scope and installations
- Communicates directly with contractors, vendors, and designers concerning project scope, cost and scheduling. Leads and direct work of others in the field
- Develop a proficient understanding of operations, process and business background.
- Prepare project status reports and work to ensure plans and implantation adhere to corporate goals and budget
- Bachelor degree in area of specialty: Industrial, Mechanical, electrical or civil engineering, Architecture, construction management, or closely related field
- Minimum of 3 years working in a related business environment
- Travel up to 60% of the time
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to work efficiently with a team
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues, manage multiple tasks and provide quality work
- Wiliness to learn, continue growth and education
- Proficient in AutoCAD (3D Rendering program or other design software helpful)
- Microsoft – Outlook, word, excel, Project
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
· 401K with Company Match
· Profit Sharing
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability
· Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
· Direct Payroll Deposit
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 30% Employee Discount
· Employee Referral Program
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes “Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies” List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, you’re family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst's Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call (978) 658-8888 to let us know the nature of your request.